• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Format topic color globally?

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2007 Apr 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to apply color to all the topics in your project at once? Currently, I click Format > Topics and Borders, and apply the color to each topic. It would be nice to format all the topics at once.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SuzInAz

You would do this via the Style Sheet.

With a topic open in the WYSIWYG editor, click Format > Styles...
Scroll the list of Styles so you see the Background + Text style (it's near the top) and click to select it
Now click the Modify... button
Now click the Format button and choose Borders and Shading...
Now click the Shading tab
Choose the desired color and dismiss all the dialogs.

As long as all topics are using the same style sheet, you should be set.

Hope this helps a smidge... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2007 Apr 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, I tried your fix and it only applied itself to one topic. All the Word documents have the same style sheet, so I'm not sure how to correct this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll give this a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

I should probably add that if you have already directly applied formatting to some of your topics, it will normally override anything you declare in your style sheet. So for those, you will likely have to go in and remove formatting.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have applied a colour to individual topics and it is overriding the style sheet as Rick describes, amending those topics is the best solution. However, if time is pressing you might want to look at this topic and the workaround in the blue highlighted section. It makes the style sheet definition override the embedded one.

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/html/html_stuff.htm

Note the caution there.
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 17, 2007 Apr 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I tried yor method and it didn't work for me. I think it's because I work in color and you work in colour.

(Just kidding)

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 18, 2007 Apr 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Are you using RH for Word?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp