• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Em-based CSS looks horrible in RoboHelp editor

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a help document to be used on desktop and mobile devices in Responsive HTML-5 format and I reworked my CSS to use em variables for sizing and spacing. I have two questions:

1. Why does this look horribly distorted in the WYSIWYG editor? It looks nothing like the basic preview window or the browser previews. Headings are massive, spacing is either non-existent or exaggerated, and it basically gives me no notion of what it will look like when published.
  2. Is there even a reason to use em in RoboHelp? I checked some of my previously-published help (meant for Desktop only, but published in Responsive HTML-5) on an iPad and a Galaxy, and it looked fine in both cases. The only issue was a table set to a specific width jutting out of the screen, but the content in it was still visible. Maybe RoboHelp handles the resizing such that using em or % has no advantage over px?

Thanks for any input.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2014 Sep 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just create topics as normal and let the responsive layout take care of the sizing. Works just fine as you have found.

For tables, in the Responsive SSL see the various options under Optimization.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp