• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is switchboard.exe

Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just discovered that a program, Switchboard.exe, is being started automatically. Why should it be running when I a not using any Adobe software, or for that matter when I am. What does it do, what benefit does it produce? PS CS 6 is installed, and Premier Elements 10, on a Win 7 machine.

Thanks,

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

It's a normal part of a Photoshop installation.

That being said, it can be disabled without apparent loss of functionality on a system where only local functionality is used.  I'm not big on cloud integration, and I've been disabling almost all of the Adobe extraware for years via a free Windows tool called Autoruns.  Note all the unchecked boxes...

UncheckedPrograms.png

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a normal part of a Photoshop installation.

That being said, it can be disabled without apparent loss of functionality on a system where only local functionality is used.  I'm not big on cloud integration, and I've been disabling almost all of the Adobe extraware for years via a free Windows tool called Autoruns.  Note all the unchecked boxes...

UncheckedPrograms.png

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe SwitchBoard - SwitchBoard.exe - Program Information

"Adobe SwitchBoard is a process that facilitates communication between Bridge CS5 and the MiniBridge panel in Photoshop CS5 or InDesign CS5."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the responses, maybe I've been over sensitized to Adobe add-ons since that Adobe Manager was thrust on users without so much as an explanation. I never use any sort of cloud, maybe having been a commercial pilot for 35 years has sensitized me to clouds too!

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2014 Sep 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Waller wrote:

"Adobe SwitchBoard is a process that facilitates communication between Bridge CS5 and the MiniBridge panel in Photoshop CS5 or InDesign CS5."

That explains why I haven't needed it - I don't use Bridge.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2015 Jun 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whey then does Adobe Switchboard keep an instance of Internet Explorer CONSTANTLY running in the background Windows processes even when there are no visible instances of IE running or open?  It looks more like spyware of some sort to me from Adobe given this clearly strange use of IE by Adobe Switchboard....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally, different programs are required to be used with each program. Since there are programs that support each other, it should not be seen as a spy application.<spam links removed>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines