4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2007 5:26 AM by DEPearson

Looking for a FW book

nyran20
      Hi everyone....I was wondering if someone could tell me if there were substantial differences between MX 2004 and FW 8. I have FW8 but am looking for a book and finding many for MX 2004 but not so many for FW 8. I know very little about FW except for what I read in Macromedia Studio 8: Training from the Source but it looks like more of a gloss over and lacking real depth.

Can anyone recommend a great book? I was thinking about getting Macromedia Studio MX 2004 Bible but I was unsure if I'd be missing out on important FW 8 topics.

If it's any difference, I have no plans to upgrade to CS3.
        • 1. Re: Looking for a FW book
          Level 7
          There is a ton of stuff over at Community MX, a lot of it for FWs 8, written
          word and videos...

http://www.communitymx.com/search.cfm?searchbox=Fireworks&searchbutton=Search

Peter
          | substantial differences between MX 2004 and FW 8. I have FW8 but am
          looking
          | for a book and finding many for MX 2004 but not so many for FW 8. I know
          very
          | little about FW except for what I read in Macromedia Studio 8: Training
          from
          | the Source but it looks like more of a gloss over and lacking real depth.
          |
          | Can anyone recommend a great book? I was thinking about getting
          Macromedia
          | Studio MX 2004 Bible but I was unsure if I'd be missing out on important
          FW 8
          | topics.
          |
          | If it's any difference, I have no plans to upgrade to CS3.
          |

• 2. Re: Looking for a FW book
            Level 7
            nyran20 wrote:
            > Hi everyone....I was wondering if someone could tell me if there were
            > substantial differences between MX 2004 and FW 8. I have FW8 but am looking
            > for a book and finding many for MX 2004 but not so many for FW 8. I know very
            > little about FW except for what I read in Macromedia Studio 8: Training from
            > the Source but it looks like more of a gloss over and lacking real depth.
            >
            > Can anyone recommend a great book? I was thinking about getting Macromedia
            > Studio MX 2004 Bible but I was unsure if I'd be missing out on important FW 8
            > topics.
            >
            > If it's any difference, I have no plans to upgrade to CS3.
            >
            Unless it was part of a Studio 8 book, I don't think there was any FW8
            book released. But as Peter said - Tons of material over at Community MX
            and Adobe's site as well.

--
            Jim Babbage - .:Community MX:. & .:Adobe Community Expert:.
            Extending Knowledge, Daily
            http://www.communityMX.com/
            CommunityMX - Free Resources:
            http://www.communitymx.com/free.cfm
            ---
            .:Adobe Community Expert for Fireworks:.
            news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.fireworks
            news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver
            • 3. Looking for a FW book
              solotasq
              If you're open to online tutorials, Abigail Rudner's Fireworks 8 course (at www.lynda.com) is excellent. I personally find movie-based tutorials more useful, a better reference later on, and they don't clutter your bookshelf with outdated info in two years. Abigail also has a great master course in integrating Fireworks into the Flash/Dreamweaver workflow. There is also a "Training From the Source" title on FW8 by Patti Schulze, the only book I know of that specifically covers the software, though it doesn't really cover new features in depth as requested; unfortunately those books are usually error-ridden and frustrating to learn from, which is why I prefer the online movies, where you can actually see what the instructor's doing, what tools are being used, etc.
              Hope that's helpful.
              • 4. Re: Looking for a FW book
                DEPearson Level 1
                I wonder if there is going to be an Adobe Classroom in a Book for Fireworks CS3? I did the Dreamweaver version and found it helpful.