1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 26, 2014 1:00 AM by iAnkitkhurana

Adobe Flash CC Action Script 3.0: #2108 scene error

Asingleton_

Hello,

So I'm trying to create a basic interactive game and am trying to get to one scene to the other.

I have created a button called 'homenextbtn' and am using it to try to get from scene 'introduction' to 'homescene'. I used the code snippet tool to get the correct code to use, so I click on the actions layer and frame click on the button and select the 'Click to goto scene and play' code and this is what I have been using:

homenextbtn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, fl_ClickToGoToScene);

function fl_ClickToGoToScene(event:MouseEvent):void

{

MovieClip(this.root).gotoAndPlay(1, "homescene");

}

However, I'm getting the #2108 error saying that no scene can be found.

I have done this on a separate actions layer. The scenes are written correctly and can be seen in my scenes tab. I have tested the scene, the video and published it and the button is still not working. I have read a hundred different forums and articles about this same error and have been trying everything but still no luck. I even created a file with just two scenes and one button using the code from code snippet and still no luck.

I was just wondering if there was something I was obviously doing wrong or there was something little like you can't have a stop on the frame/scene you're trying to get to etc.

Thank you!

Alex

P.S I have done a bit of work with 2.0 not 3.0 so I'm not that great with it....obviously