5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2014 2:58 PM by A.T. Romano

Display screen problem

rnquam

Display screen is white in the project.  Won't playback the video.

• 1. Re: Display screen problem
          rnquam Level 1

Using premier elements 11 and Windows 8.1

• 2. Re: Display screen problem
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

•What is your exact brand/model graphics adapter (ATI or nVidia or ???)

•What is your exact graphics adapter driver version?

•Have you gone to the vendor web site to check for a newer driver?

•For Windows, do NOT rely on Windows Update to have current driver information

•-you need to go direct to the vendor web site and check updates for yourself

•ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

• 3. Re: Display screen problem
              A.T. Romano Level 7

mquam

Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Is the problem restricted to

one project

one video file or video file source

What is the brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded your video for this problem project?

Please confirm if "it worked before but not now" or "it never worked before" with this particular video source?

In that regard, can you open a new project with jpg photos and not have these problems?

We will be watching for your follow up so that we can suggest a troubleshooting strategy specific to your details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Display screen problem
                rnquam Level 1

When I look up drivers there is no graphics driver listed.  I have display, audio, and video but not specifically graphics.  I have an HP. With Windows 8 OS.I feel like I am as computer illiterate as you can get.  I appreciate any help though.

• 5. Re: Display screen problem
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

mquam

Have you looked for your video card/graphics card information in the Device Manager/Display Adapters of your Window 8 64 bit? Or are you looking somewhere else?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/where-is-device-manager

That should apply to Windows 8 as well as 8.1 64 bit.

Expand the Display Adapter category to reveal the name of your computer's video card/graphic card. Please tell us the name. But, I am guessing, if you have a HP computer, that the odds are good for your computer using 2 instead of 1 video card/graphics card. If 2, what are their names.The 2 card situation is probably the problem.

More later.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...If you need more directions to the Device Manager/Display Adapters, please let us know.