5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2014 5:58 AM by Robyn_cpl

handle z-index property in chrome browser (was : Is there another issue with Chrome?)

Robyn_cpl Level 2

Hi,

I'm just wondering is there another issue with Edge and Chrome.

I know some stuff got sorted out but I am now having a problem with rectangles (as hitboxes) not showing up within Chrome.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

• 1. Re: Is there another issue with Chrome?
          Manigandan Adobe Employee

Can you pl give some more info on the issue, like which version of animate you are using and what exactly is the issue. If possible, Can you pl share the composition for which you are facing the problem.

• 2. Re: Is there another issue with Chrome?
            vivekuma Adobe Employee

There was one issue with the chrome browser which has been fixed in the latest version of Edge Animate. So, please check with the latest version Edge CC 2014.0.1 and see if this issue still exists.

• 3. Re: Is there another issue with Chrome?
              Robyn_cpl Level 2

Hi Aibun and Vivekuma,

I am running the most up-to-date version of Edge, because I knew about the other Chrome issue since it was affecting a lot of my work.

But I haven't seen anything else to do with it since the update and now I'm getting another issue. Not sure if its the same kind of thing or not.

Here is my composition : Dropbox - Work_fa

Basically on the page with "Meet Jeff" there are two little white semi-circles and the hit box should be in the right button but its actually off set and further right than it should be.

I've looked through the composition and the hitbox is within a symbol (s_cpl_fa_0_guide_page1) so also not sure whether its because of that?

• 4. Re: Is there another issue with Chrome?
                vivekuma Adobe Employee

Hi Robyn,

It seems like a chrome issue. It's not able to handle z-index property(although set) in this case. Because of which user is not able to click the button which is hidden by some other element.

There is a workaround that you can do in Edge Animate:

You simply have to select the element named "s_cpl_fa_nav_x2" in the "Elements Panel" of Edge Animate and drag it just below the element named "s_cpl_fa_0_guide_page1" and drop the selected element. This will place the former below the latter, in terms of UI stacking order, and thus click event will work.

Hope this works.

• 5. Re: Is there another issue with Chrome?
                  Robyn_cpl Level 2

Ok, thanks for that.

It worked for this page, the only issue is that if this is going to be a reoccurring issue then its going to be and pain. To do little fixes for.

Hopefully Adobe and iron out there problems soon