2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2014 8:24 AM by Badeski

BACKING UP MISSING FILES

Badeski

I have an older version Photoshop 4.0 and have over 7000 pics.

I have moved, to various external hard drives, and/or renamed many of them over time and now when I try to backup it cannot find many of the pics to allow reconnection and therefore cannot backup those missing.

My catalogue shows all 7000 thumnails but many with a small red square indicating 'missing file'' and these it cannot backup.

I wish to protect my catalogue as it stands, and I would like to copy all 7000 as it is, with all the thumbnails (some with red square and those without) onto an external drive

CAN I ?

• 1. Re: BACKING UP MISSING FILES
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Photoshop version 4 is 1996 software before there was Adobe Bridge or LR for image organization.  I can not even remember what features Photoshop image organizers offered before the bridge.   However if you have a catalog now that you can display all the 7000 thumbnails.  You should be able to backup the catalog you have. And as long as you have software the can display that catalog's thumbnails  you should be able to restore the catalog and use the program on the restored catalog.  Also if you do a full system backup, a full system restore should return you to what you had when you did you full system backup.

• 2. Re: BACKING UP MISSING FILES
            Badeski Level 1

Thank you I'll try as you say