4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2014 1:26 PM by rmarston84

Adobe Formscentral with a restricted user

rmarston84

On our network when logged in as an administrator, when using #Adobe Formscentral it works as expected. Specifically I can add items in anywhere I want to on the page even with one to the right of another.

If I log in with a restricted user (not an administrator) the program works fine but any items added fill the width of the page and cannot be resized. I cannot add an item to the right of another.

I need to be able to add an item to the right of another.

Any idea why this is and a way around it using a restricted user?

I've checked the appropriate permissions but they all appear to be as I would expect.

• 1. Re: Adobe Formscentral with a restricted user
          Drewy62 Adobe Employee

I have two questions that may help resolve this issue. First is are you running Formcentral from the web and if so are you using the same browser in both cases? If you are running the air application please make sure that you are running the same version as admin as regular user. If you are running the web app please make sure you are signing in using the same user ID and password. If none of this helps please try to provide more information about your environment.

Andrew

• 2. Re: Adobe Formscentral with a restricted user
            rmarston84 Level 1

Thanks for your response.

I've installed Adobe Acrobat XI Pro on a Windows 7 machine and are using the Formscentral that installs alongside it. So I assume a locally installed program rather than a web version. I'm using the same program in the same way on the same workstation every time. First logged in as an administrator (works fine) then log off and on again as a more restricted user (full width items only).

The program appears to work fine (as a restricted user) other than it will not let you put one item to the right of another. All items default to being as wide as the page and can't be resized.

When the program works properly (as an administrator) each item can be added and takes up perhaps half the width of the page and are resizable by hovering over the dotted edge of the item.

• 3. Re: Adobe Formscentral with a restricted user
              Drewy62 Adobe Employee

The problem likely is that your restricted user is not running the latest version of the AIR application. As an admin you have likely updated the application, but for some reason the non privileged user is not seeing that version. The side by side field feature was added to the application after the Acrobat XI version was shipped. Please let the AIR application look for updates and apply them in both environments and then try again.

Andrew

• 4. Re: Adobe Formscentral with a restricted user
                rmarston84 Level 1

That sounds like it could be something like that. I don't know why two different types of users wouldn't get the same version though.

Any idea on where the location of the AIR application would be that I should be looking into? It might be a file permissions things that I could tweak to see if it makes a difference. Or could it be an invisible 'update to the latest version' process being prevented from running? Any idea which program would do that if it's not the main program?

Thanks for your suggestions.