6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2014 7:45 PM by A.T. Romano

display driver incompatibility with new instillation of premiere elements 12

rpm1942

I have newly installed adobe premiere elements 12.The program will not open when I try a popup appears  (we have detected an incompatible display driver.etc ) The computer is a hp Pavilion running windows 7- 64 I checked the display driver it is working and up to date. what else can I do? Thank you  

• 1. Re: display driver incompatibility with new instillation of premiere elements 12
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to the Premiere Elements forum.

• 2. Re: display driver incompatibility with new instillation of premiere elements 12
            A.T. Romano Level 7

rpm1942

Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7 64 bit?

How many video cards/graphics cards does your computer use? What is the name of your video card/graphics card?

Is the card's driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

Please answer the above and then we can decide if deletion of the BadDrivers.txt file is indicated in your situation.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: display driver incompatibility with new instillation of premiere elements 12
              rpm1942 Level 1

one video card

Intel r HD graphics family

AMD radon HD 747m

drivers up to date as per hp website

• 4. Re: display driver incompatibility with new instillation of premiere elements 12
                A.T. Romano Level 7

rpm1942

Did you mean AMD radeon HD 7470M?

I believe that the answer is in the use of those two video cards/graphics cards even if each is up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card. HP seems to prefer that type of card arrangements, and there are more and more reports of Premiere Elements not working well or at all with that arrangement.

Have you tried to disable the AMD card and go with just the Intel? I think that would be your answer to get Premiere Elements to work for you in your computer environment. Can you get free input from HP on the video card/graphics card situation?

I will give you the instructions for deleting the BadDrivers.txt file. I do not believe it will be the answer. But, it is worth a try.

Local Disk C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the Premiere Elements Folder is the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete. There will probably be folders in the Premiere Elements Folder along with the BadDrivers.txt file for 12. You do not want anything in those folders. Just that lone BadDrivers.txt file. Once you reopen the program, a new BadDrivers.txt file will be generated and the problem will hopefully be gone.

BadDriverstxt.JPG

Please let us know of your progress.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: display driver incompatibility with new instillation of premiere elements 12
                  rpm1942 Level 1

I had a session with a tech support in India lasting over an hour. He first tried to install a AMD  Driver 14.100 this would not install the he installed a generic windows driver

and premiere opened but the display did not work propertly. The AMD driver had error code 43 the other AMD driver had error code 41. I have probably spent 10 hours on this problem if there is not quick solution how can I get a refund?

• 6. Re: display driver incompatibility with new instillation of premiere elements 12
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

rpm1942

Thanks for the update. Sorry that the news was not better.

Did you purchase the program from Adobe direct? And, are you within 30 days of purchase. If you are, you can contact Adobe via its Adobe Chat and request a refund. Even though your version is no longer the latest version, I would hope that Adobe would honor your request under its typical policy of money back within 30 days of purchase.

Contact Customer Care

Click on the above which is set for

Premiere Elements

Membership, Account, Payment

Payments, Invoices, Orders

Chat Panel

I have set the link for the above titles. If the link does not hold its set, then you will have to navigate to the Chat Panel using the above titles as guides.

As of a few moments ago, the Chat Panel was available and active.

If you did not purchase from Adobe direct, then the refund is between you and the seller's policy.

If you purchased direct from Adobe and you are beyond the 30 days of purchase, you may have to stress that the program is not usable to you and ask for a supervisor if any problems.

How was it left with Adobe Tech Support - are you supposed to contact it again or is one of its representatives suppose to contact you?

We will be watching for your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...I found error code 43 and 41 descriptions which may correspond to your 43 and 41 error codes.

Error Codes in Device Manager