6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2014 10:54 AM by A.T. Romano

premier 12 exporting file as mp4 for hd tv

clikerhappy

I want to export my video as an mp4 file in order to play it on a 32"hd tv. so I need the best quality I can get. Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: premier 12 exporting file as mp4 for hd tv
          A.T. Romano Level 7

clikerhappy

What is your project preset, properties of source media? What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on? Have you updated 12 to 12.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Update. If not, please do so.

To your immediate question...

Assuming for now 1080p30 source, please look at

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: premier 12 exporting file as mp4 for hd tv
            clikerhappy Level 1

thank you for reply. My source was hd. cannon DSLR, camera. I uploaded the

files to adobe premier elements 12. I havn't updated to 12.1 yet, I didn't

know I had to . I have already exported the video in acvhd format and the

television will not play that so I converted it to a mpeg which reduced the

quality seriously. I am using microsoft windows 7

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 7:17 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 3. Re: premier 12 exporting file as mp4 for hd tv
              clikerhappy Level 1

Yes, I have updated to 12.1, . Also on APE 12 I can't find the button to

change the settings of source files, even though in the pdf notes it says

that when I open a new project I can change the settings. I think the

source files are mov files,(quicktimemov)

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 7:29 PM, Aisling Blackburn <

• 4. Re: premier 12 exporting file as mp4 for hd tv
                A.T. Romano Level 7

clikehappy

The Adobe party line is that you cannot change the project preset once it has been established. You start a new project.

More on that another time. There are less significant settings you can adjust in Edit Menu/Project Settings/General.

As for setting the project preset manually

File Menu/New/Project and Change Settings

In the Change Settings, set the project preset to match the properties of your source media.

Before you exit that area, in the new project dialog which shows the newly set project preset make sure

that there is a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project".

When you get back to the Premiere Elements Editor workspace, import your source video.

Make sure that you have QuickTime installed on the same computer as Premiere Elements.

What are the specifications of your TV player.. supported video format and supported media (disc, USB Flash Drive, memory card or stick)

as well as the format supported on a particular type of medium?

If you think that a H.264.mov file might be supported by your TV player, I will post detailed export settings for that. Just confirm what you have

Frame Width

Frame Height

Frame Rate

Also, if you need a MPEG2.mpg, we might try for different export settings, with a higher bitrate.

Also, the 12 to 12.2 Update should get rid of an Expert workspace text style issue as well as some undefined issues in 12.

We will be watching for your follow up in the morning.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: premier 12 exporting file as mp4 for hd tv
                  clikerhappy Level 1

Hi  ATR.

I followed your first suggestion. After downloading the 12.1  I re-saved

the movie into the format you suggested ie. computer, acvhd  264, mp4 etc.

I do not understand all the technical jargon (bitrates etc) as yet. I have

downloaded the pdf  manual and hope to get a more comprehensive

understanding of ADP 12. The project now plays on the hd Tv in fairly good

quality from an usb stick. I am happy thank you for your help

AB.

On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 5:13 AM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 6. Re: premier 12 exporting file as mp4 for hd tv
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

AB

Many thanks for the follow up with the great news of success producing a format

that you can place on a USB Flash Drive for good quality playback on the HD TV.

Great job.

We will look forward to your progress. Any time you want to discuss video bitrate or any

other aspect of your Premiere Elements workflow, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best wishes.

ATR