17 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2014 12:43 PM by A.T. Romano

Online content download failure

bhata

I have Elements Premiere 12 on a Windows 7 Pro system.

I am trying to add a DVD Movie Menu and after selecting a menu a popup appears

"Online Content Download"   "Downloaded  0B of 0B"

then another popup appears:

"The Download failed.  Either the server is currently unavailable, or your computer

is disconnected from the internet.  Check your connection and try again."

I have been trying this over the past day without success.

What can the problem be?

• 1. Re: Online content download failure
          A.T. Romano Level 7

bhata

Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7 64 bit.

Have you updated 12 to the 12.1 Update using an opened project's Help Menu/Update? If not, please do so.

Are you having problems with the Content downloads for other than Movie Menu, like Instant Movie as well?

As for the Content download, it can be impacted by Internet connection and Adobe Server.

Let us try some Internet maneuvers...

a. turn off the router for about 35 to 45 seconds

b. at the computer browser level, clear the Cached Web Content under Advanced/Nework/.

Other

a. If you have not already, right click the desktop icon for Premiere Elements 12/12.1, select and apply

Run As Administrator.

b. Not sure if this one will help, but....Edit Menu/Preferences/Web Sharing and refresh Online Services.

Let us start here and then we can decide what next.

ATR

Add On...I forgot to ask - are you trying to download one Movie Menu at a time or all?

• 2. Re: Online content download failure
            bhata Level 1

Hi ATR...

1. Yes, I am running 12.1.
            2. Yes, Instant Movie has same problem
            3. Internet connection...
              1. I haven't had problems accessing the internet (browser, email works)
              2. I have tried it from two locations with same error from Premiere
            4. Not sure where "Cached Web Content under Advanced/Network" is (I'm using Firefox)
            5. "Run as Administrator" still returns the error
            6. Tried "refresh Online Services", still returns the error
            7. I don't know know if I'm trying to download one Movie Menu or all. 
              1. I get the error when I select a single Menu Theme and click on the Continue button.

I tried disabling my Norton Internet Security "Smart Firewall", but no change.

I did a quick look and I found in the DVD Template directory, "Slideshows ... Pan and Zoom" (it's the only template).  I was able to use this template for my movie. So the procedure works, I just don't have the other templates.

So the question remains... why can't I get to the server with the other templates?

Another thought... I have a Premiere Elements version 7 where the templates were installed from the installation discs.  Are the files the same and could I just copy those files?

Thanks...

• 3. Re: Online content download failure
              A.T. Romano Level 7

bhata

Let me make sure of your steps....Tools Menu/Movie Menu...you see categories to choose from...you select a category....your see a theme in the category that you want...

a. In the themes display area, are you seeing a blue band at the top right corner of the thumbnail for the theme that you want?

b. If you right click that blue band, do you get a choice of Download Now or Download All? Do not bother with Download All right now. What happens if you click on Download Now to try to obtain just that one particular theme?

c. Once the download is completed is it only then that you click on Continue?

I use Firefox. It has been going through a rapid updating. But right now it is at version 32.0.3.

Firefoxjpg.jpg

Click on Options to get to the Options dialog/Advanced/Network and Clear Now the Cached Web Content

cached.JPG

The Premiere Elements 7 disc menu files will need to go in the Online folder and some files added per folder.

Or, they can go as is into the location where the Slideshow/Pan & Zoom Theme are located. The latter is my preferred

save location when I place new disc menus that I create. More on that later if we are forced into that. I would have to go back

and do a count of the menus in 7 versus 13.

ATR

• 4. Re: Online content download failure
                bhata Level 1

Hi ATR...

From Tools > Movie Menu I get the popup:

A_SelectTheme.JPG

I click on Continue and then I get the two popups:

B_Popups.JPG

By your description, it sounds like you are saying that Premiere asks the browser to download the content.  If that is correct, that does not appear to be what happens.  My browser doesn't get activated.

I did clear "Cached Web Content under Advanced/Network" with no effect.

I am using version 26 of Firefox (I hate all the updates), which was the latest version in January of this year.

Thanks for your assistance...

Bruce

• 5. Re: Online content download failure
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

bhata

As for Firefox, just within the last few days, there have been at least 2 or 3 updates. Version 26 must have Options somewhere,  and in those Options is likely to be that Advanced Tab/Network Tab/

Interesting, you can select the theme and just click Continue to download the theme. I have always right clicked the blue ban at the top right corner of the theme's thumbnail and selected either Download Now (for just that one) or Download All (for all). But, I do confirm that it should work either the way I have been doing it or the way you are doing it.

Let us check out the theme's (News Reel) Folders and Files.

Local Disk C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

DVD Templates

All_Lang

Movie Genre

(A) News Reel

In the (A) News Reel Folder do you find 30 files?

Not sure if this will have any impact, but download and install the Adobe Application Manager (with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled).

Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Windows : Adobe Application Manager

And then try to download, the News Real theme files that will complete its folder that was installed at program installation.

If all else fails, we could go for a program uninstall, free ccleaner run through (regular and registry parts), reinstall with anti-virus and

firewall(s) disabled. Did you establish at the onset that the problem existed with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

We will be watching for your progress.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Online content download failure
                    bhata Level 1

Hi ATR...

1. Yes I found Options dialog/Advanced/Network and did Clear Now with no affect
                      1. :Firefox_Options.JPG
                    2. I found the Download Now / Download All option by RIght-click on a Theme, still getting errors
                      1. :RightClick.JPG
                    3. Interesting...
                      1. The one theme that works is Slideshows > Pan and Zoom which I found in
                        1. C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 12\DVD Templates\Common\Slideshows\Pan and Zoom
                      2. You said to look in:
                        1. C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Premiere Elements\12.0\Online\DVD Templates\All_Lang\Movie Genre\(A) News Reel
                        2. I found this and found 30 files:
                          1. :NewsReelDirList.JPG
                        3. The Cancelled.txt file is binary:
                          1. .canceledTxt.JPG
                          2. This cancelled.txt file gets created when I get the error message.
                        4. the metadata.xml file looks like:
                          1. .metadataXml.JPG

In Firefox I tried to browse to http://ns.adobe.com/PREContent/11.0/  but but an error Sorry, this page is not available.

I tried moving a theme directory (e.g. Movie Genre\Musical) from c:\ProgramData\Adobe to the c:\Program Files\Adobe directory.  Premiere did not try to download, but no Menu appeared.

All the directories that I checked in c:\ProgramData\Adobe have a metadata.xml file with the same content as above.

• 7. Re: Online content download failure
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

bhata

It may be time for

If all else fails, we could go for a program uninstall, free ccleaner run through (regular and registry parts), reinstall with anti-virus and

firewall(s) disabled. Did you establish at the onset that the problem existed with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

In the later morning, I will check your thread for further developments and add more comments.

Thanks for the follow ups. Much appreciated.

ATR

• 8. Re: Re: Online content download failure
                        bhata Level 1

Well, I think I'm going to try to reinstall the software.

But...  Can you see if you have the metadata.xml file in C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Premiere Elements\12.0\Online\DVD Templates\All_Lang\Movie Genre\(A) News Reel  ?  Mine looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<PREContent xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/PREContent/11.0/">

<subscription value="core" />

<supportedOEMS>

<oem value="educational" />

<oem value="retail" />

</supportedOEMS>

</PREContent>

FYI, I had a backup of my old computer handy so I tried copying the Premiere Elements 7 files and it kind of worked.  I was able to generate a DVD Menu, but the version 12 is better so I'd like to try to get the latest version.

If you can provide the contents of your metadata.xml file, I'd appreciate it.

• 9. Re: Re: Online content download failure
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

bhata

Thanks for the follow up....all of the following is for a completed downloaded New Reel theme

When I right click the New Reel's metadata.xml, select Open With, and then select and click on Notepad, I see in

the Notepad document

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<PREContent xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/PREContent/11.0/">

<subscription value="core" />

<supportedOEMS>

<oem value="educational" />

<oem value="retail" />

</supportedOEMS>

</PREContent>

The following is what I see inside the (A) New Reel theme folder

12 News Reel.jpg

Note the addition of the Downloaded.txt file and the psd files with the download to complete the incomplete folder.

The follow is all that I see when I open the Notepad document of the Downloaded.txt file

download.txt.JPG

Note that lone dot at the top left of the document.

ATR

• 10. Re: Re: Re: Online content download failure
                            bhata Level 1

Hi ATR,

I have the PNG files and the XML file.  I am missing the PSD file which are the key files (I customized my own menus in version 7).

I think I will reinstall and see if that will fix it.  I'll post again afterwards.

Thanks again...

• 11. Re: Re: Re: Online content download failure
                              bhata Level 1

Hey ATR,

You know I'm still curious that you brought up the Firefox issue.  When does it come in to play?

• 12. Re: Re: Re: Online content download failure
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

bhata

Your own files do not need the metadata.xml and Downloaded.txt file in the theme folder if the theme folder is placed in the location where the Slideshow/Pan and Zoom theme is located. Those .xml and .txt files are only associated with themes that are in the Online folder and are classed as Content Download. I would keep away from the Online folder for your own themes.

See

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 12

DVD Templates

Common

In the Common Folder, create a special folder named "My 7 Themes". In that "My 7 Themes" Folder, place the theme folders that you want to use. The theme folders should contain completed content, including .psd files et al. There will be no metadata.xml or Downloaded.txt files involved.

But, the uninstall, ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts), reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled, may be the answer.

Keeping a positive though for that.

Thanks.

ATR

• 13. Re: Re: Re: Online content download failure
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

bhata

Since the download is dependent on Internet connection and Adobe Server, I mentioned Firefox or whatever browser you are using for possibilities of its

options having an effect on the Internet connection.

ATR

• 14. Re: Online content download failure
                                    bhata Level 1

Well, I'm stuck...  I reinstalled the software to no avail...

I also tried starting the system in Safe Mode with Network, without any luck...

As I'm really desperate now, would you be adverse as to sending me some of the templates from your system?  I put together a quick list and if this is too much I can pare it down:

• Slideshows
                                      • Wedding Doves
                                    • Entertainment
                                      • Art-In-Motion
                                      • Broadway
                                      • Stage
                                    • General
                                      • Grid
                                      • Faux Widescreen
                                    • Memories
                                      • (all)
                                    • Movie Genre
                                      • News Reel
                                      • Secret Agent
                                      • Musical
                                    • Travel
                                      • Countryside
                                    • Wedding
                                      • Outdoor Wedding
                                      • Elegant

Or if it's easier to include all templates for the groupings that's OK too.

ZIP or any other compressed file and email to bruhabox-misc3    @   yahoo.com

I would be most appreciative!

• 15. Re: Online content download failure
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

bhata

I have reviewed your list and have observed that you have the files already in Premiere Elements 7 with 2 exceptions. The themes folders for each should have the same files as in 7 as in 13 (after the version 13 folders are completed with Content Download).  But there are considerations that need ironing out. I will not go into now.

I am encouraging you to contact Adobe via its Adobe Chat and have Adobe Chat/Tech try to resolve the issue or send you a completed Online Folder (about 5 to 6 GB file size).

Contact Customer Care

Please click on the above link which is set

Premiere Elements

Adobe ID and signing in

Adobe ID, sign in, and account help

Chat Panel

As of a moment ago that Chat Panel was available and active. If the link does not hold the set, then you will need to navigate to the Chat Panel using the above titles as guides. The titles may not seem ideal, but they do lead to an active Chat Panel. The goal is to get the Chat Panel that you reach to answer your questions or direct you to Adobe Tech for the problem resolution or the getting that completed Online Folder to you. At this time, it is not clear if the Adobe Licensing Agreement prohibits me from sharing part of my program. So I am hesitating on that course of action.

In the long run, the Adobe Chat contact seems to be in your best interests.

We will be watching for further developments.

ATR

• 16. Re: Online content download failure
                                        bhata Level 1

Hi ATR,

Because I haven't had good experience with Adobe's Chat service, I installed the software on another computer and transferred the needed files.

I tested with a few templates and they seem to work fine.

Thanks for your time and efforts.

-bhata

• 17. Re: Online content download failure
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

bhata

Great news. Great job in working through the situation to what works for you.

I was hoping that Adobe Chat could intervene and, with remote control of your computer, pin point the cause of the issue. and save

troubleshooting time for you.

Best wishes as you move forward in your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR