4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2014 3:57 PM by A.T. Romano

Is it possible to import audio into premiere elements 12?

Myloel

I Just bought premiere elements 12. Im not sure if i can import audio tracks, say from my desktop or sound cloud.. Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Is it possible to import audio into premiere elements 12?
          Myloel Level 1

Genius worked it out, only the second time ive started the program up. Ace to see it working!

• 2. Re: Is it possible to import audio into premiere elements 12?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

myloel

Great news.

Not sure what you were asking

say from my desktop or sound cloud.

but glad that you sorted out the details.

You should be able to import audio files saved to the computer hard drive save location, using the program's Add Media/Files and Folder/.

In the case of iTunes music, most of the time, the iTunes music file needs to be converted to .wav in iTunes before import into the project.

Any questions or need clarification, but do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Is it possible to import audio into premiere elements 12?
              Myloel Level 1

Thanks At.

Just got the program today and having a look at it. Im an art student, and im going to be making experimental music to go with art films..  I was looking at adobe after effects also, but its too expensive. They might have it in the av suite at uni. Do digital films transport well on memory sticks?

Mylo

• 4. Re: Is it possible to import audio into premiere elements 12?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

myloel

Thanks for the reply. Your projects sound very interesting. We are not Adobe here. Just users to users. With a few exceptions, we are all visitors here.

For transporting videos, I usually use a USB Flash Drive. If your aim is for just transport that should be fine. But, if you are thinking about

transferring your video to a memory stick for playback on a device, if you have not already, make sure that the device supports the video format, the memory stick, and that format on the memory stick.

If you have not already, please update 12 to the 12.1 Update using an opened project's Help Menu/Update. That remedies a text style Expert workspace only issue and some other undefined things. Also, there have been several reports relating to the loss of sound for the numbered audio tracks and soundtrack when a narration is created with the program's Narration Tool and added to the Timeline. There is a user discovered fix for that which we can discuss if you ever run into that situation. Hope not.

Best wishes as you move forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR