1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 26, 2014 6:44 PM by JimHess

Exporting Issues

alyssalee21

I have issues with exporting my photos. I set up the export settings correctly and my photos in the collection I want to export are not exporting. But I see that they are in .lrcat format. How do I export these photos? And once I do that, how do I convert them to .jpg?! HELP!

• 1. Re: Exporting Issues
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

.lrcat Is the file extension for the Lightroom catalog. It is not a file format for images. It is a database. Are you using the Lightroom export function and dialogue to set up your export? If you are using the export dialog in Lightroom, can you post a screenshot of your options that you have set? I have no idea how you would be exporting images in the format you say you are unless you are creating a new catalog. But doing that doesn't create new copies of your images. Something is definitely not right.

From the description of your problem, it sounds as if you are extremely new to using Lightroom. So I'm going to suggest that you watch this video that will demonstrate how to export images from Lightroom.

Lightroom 5 - Exporting Images | Getting Started with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 | Adobe TV