1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 26, 2014 3:48 PM by JJMack

burn cs6 to disc

JenInAustin

When I purchased Photoshop CS6 as a download I was told "You will get an option to burn the software on a CD/DVD." I have not seen this option anywhere. Can someone tell me what this Adobe representative was talking about, and how to do this?

Here is the transcript of the chat with an Adobe representative when I purchased the download:

Alice: You can download the software on your computer and then burn it on a CD/ DVD and use it. Alice: Download will be available in your account for 3 years.

Visitor: That would be great if I can burn it myself. Can you tell me how to do that? Is there an option that makes it easy? Normally an installation puts files all over your computer, so it's not clear to me how one would transfer it to a CD.

Alice: You will get an option to burn the software on a CD/DVD.

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: burn cs6 to disc
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

When you download CS6 you download a file like "Photoshop_13_LS16.7z" for windows and for Mac a Mac type Archive file.   Write these to a Data DVD for they will most likely not fit on a CD.  Or extract the Archive and write the extracted folder on to a Data DVD. Your not creating a bootable DVD.