3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2007 7:40 AM by kglad

help with bounce script?

jamiemac2005
      Okay, so i have written a small script (alot like those birds-eye car racing games that pretty much just handles a box as a car is the same way as the games do. but theres a problem, when the car hits a wall i multiply the acceleration value by -1 and the car bounces back fine, but if the box goes towards the wall at a dodgey angle sometimes it gets stuck on the wall(i use gskinners collision detection script/class which can be found by googleing the general keywords i just specified ), here's my script, mabye someone's used stuff like this and has debugged it already enough to know a solution?

import com.gskinner.sprites.CollisionDetection;

var walls:MovieClip = _root.attachMovie("walls_mc","walls1_mc",_root.getNextHighestDepth());
      var car:MovieClip = _root.attachMovie("car_mc","car1_mc",_root.getNextHighestDepth());
      var accel:Number = 0;
      var angle = 0;
      car._x=Stage.width/2;
      car._y=Stage,height/2;
      car.onEnterFrame = function(){
      var collision1 = CollisionDetection.checkForCollision(car1_mc. walls1_mc, 120);
      if(collision1){
      accel*=-1;
      } else {

some general if key.isdown statements that add to the variable accel and the variable angle.

}
      var angleRadians = angle*Math.PI/180
      var adjacent = Math.cos(angleRadians)*accel;
      var opposite = Math.sin(angleRadians)*accel;
      this._x+=adjacent;
      this._y+=opposite;
      this._rotation = angle;
      }

you'll have to imagine that walls_mc is a movie clip containing 4 walls that go from (50, 50) to (500,350).
      and that my stage is the general 550*400 size. also the car_mc movie clip is a rectangle that is 85*25

the thing is if a corner of the car hits the wall it bounces still but then if the accel value was not high enough it stays caught on the wall...

anyone experienced this before?