2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2014 6:11 PM by A.T. Romano

How to color a speech bubble itself?

Jan Breugel

I'm working with PE11. Eaisrsy to insert a speech bubble from the gaphics and to change the color of the text, but I also want to change the inside's color of the bubble? Is this possible and how?

Thx,

Jan

• 1. Re: How to color a speech bubble itself?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jan breugel

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11 running on?

Do you have Photoshop Elements 11 as well as Premiere Elements 11?

ATR

• 2. Re: How to color a speech bubble itself?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

jan breugel

I have an idea on how to go about changing the color of the inside of the speech bubble independent of changing the font color as well. This is an all Premiere Elements idea, no Photoshop Elements involved.

I do not know how much experience you have with Premiere Elements (any version) so I will give you the plan, and then you can tell me how

much detail I need to go into.

Expert workspace

1. From Graphics/Thought and Speech Bubbles, drag one of the Speech Bubble into Video Track 2.

2. From fx Effects/Image Control/Color Replace, drag the Color Replace effect into the Speech Bubble clip on Video Track 2.

3. Under Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Color Replace Panel expanded, use the set up icon in the panel to change the

color inside the Speech Bubble. Reminder, in the set up, Target Color = old and Replace Color = new.

4. Double click the Speech Bubble clip on Video Track 2 to open the Titler. In the Titler/Text Section, use the Color Properties to change the color of the

font. Close out of the Titler.

5. With the Titler closed, select the Speech Bubble clip on Video Track 2, and resize and reposition it as needed.

Looking forward to exploration and experimentation with the suggestion.

Please let me know if any questions or need clarification.

Thanks.

ATR