9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2014 6:41 PM by A.T. Romano

Reinstalling Premier Elements 11

Carl708

Trying to make a clean reinstall of Premier Elements 11 and get the following error message:

Exit Code: 24

Please see specific errors and warnings below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR: DW046 ... WARNING: DW016 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 1 error(s), 2 warning(s)

WARNING: DW016: NOTE: Cannot set action to the payload {F6F5021E-0548-43C1-82CC-C5C7A6906585} Camera Profiles Installer 7.0.0.0 as it is already upgraded by the payload {56DCC6F4-322E-42DA-A5DA-26BAD28C1E10} Camera Profiles Installer 8.0.0.0

WARNING: DW016: NOTE: Cannot set action to the payload {F6F5021E-0548-43C1-82CC-C5C7A6906585} Camera Profiles Installer 7.0.0.0 as it is already upgraded by the payload {56DCC6F4-322E-42DA-A5DA-26BAD28C1E10} Camera Profiles Installer 8.0.0.0

ERROR: DW046: Following Conflicting processes were running -

block:ElementsAutoAnalyzer{|}block:dynamiclinkmanager

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do I close Elements Auto Analyzer and Dynamic Link Managers? I'm running Mac 10.9.5 on a 13 inch Mac Book Pro with Lightroom 5 and Photoshop CC installed on this computer.

Thanks!

Carl

• 1. Re: Reinstalling Premier Elements 11
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Carl

I am strictly an Elements Windows user, and I would closing these processes in Windows using the Task Manager/Processes.

However, on the Mac, I think it is done by finding "Activities Monitor" and then looking for an ending the processes for those two

processes there.

Please let us know if the works for you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Reinstalling Premier Elements 11
            Carl708 Level 1

No joy!

I could not find anything named “Activities Monitor” on my Mac. Could it be imbedded in the application? I turned off the Auto Analyzer function in Elements, but my copy of Premier Elements appears to be corrupted and doesn’t open. In fact, it disappeared from my applications although the original Adobe download message is still in my Downloads folder. I have tried to download the application using the serial number as well as a trial, but the download stops with the message included in my original post.

I am running Lightroom 5 and PhotoShop CC on the same computer.

Thanks for your help! Maybe I need a larger hammer!

Carl

• 3. Re: Reinstalling Premier Elements 11
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Carl

Does any of the following look familiar in your Mac computer environment?

OS X Mavericks: About Activity Monitor

According to one article, you can get to the Activities Monitor

a. Search for it in "Spotlight"

or

b. Applications/Utilities/Activities Monitor.app.

If you need installation files for Premiere Elements 11 and you have the purchased serial number, you can download tryout Premiere Elements 11 Mac files from the following web site and then insert your purchased serial number during installation of them.

Photoshop Elements 11 Direct Download Links: Free Trials, Premiere | ProDesignTools

To avoid Access Denied message, please read and carry out carefully the web site's "Note: Very Important Instructions".

If you purchased download from Adobe direct, you can go to Adobe to get new download files...

http://www.adobe.com

Sign In with your Adobe ID and Password

In the Search Field, type in My Order

Follow the My Order link to your order which should show the download opportunity

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Reinstalling Premier Elements 11
                Carl708 Level 1

Found it. It was hidden in the Utilities Folder, and turned off the Auto Analyzer. Nothing named Dynamic Link Manager.

Let’s give it another go.

Oddly, a Finder search didn’t bring up the Activity Monitor.

Thanks, and I’ll keep you posted.

Carl

• 5. Re: Reinstalling Premier Elements 11
                  Carl708 Level 1

That did the trick, and thank you very much! I installed it as a trial and will supply serial numbers later.

My wife and I just got back from a photo safari to Kenya/Tanzania with some good video that I was trying to organize. Good shots of wildebeest crossings, cheetahs with cubs, lions with cubs, leopards with and w/o cubs, hyenas c/cubs, and lots of other sightings. We also have some great photos. If you have any interest, my wife’s web site is: http://www.cherylschneiderphotography.com

Again, thanks for your advice and patience!

Carl

• 6. Re: Reinstalling Premier Elements 11
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Carl

Thanks for the update.

Those are great photos which should make a magnificent video presentation with Premiere Elements.

I admired that lion photo at your wife's web site. How did you get that lion to pose for you?

Best wish to you both

ATR

• 7. Re: Reinstalling Premier Elements 11
                      Carl708 Level 1

Three pounds of hamburger and a human sacrifice! Just kidding! We didn’t use the hamburger!

Photographing wildlife is similar to dating: you take what they give you!

Patience is the other necessary ingredient. We had great drivers who understood photography, especially lighting and composition. Most of the animals we photographed find the vehicles to be part of the scenery, and generally very boring. We had lions and leopards mating within feet of the vehicle, as well as cheetah cubs playing under the vehicle upon which mother was perched!

Carl

• 8. Re: Reinstalling Premier Elements 11
                        Carl708 Level 1

BTW: if you go to http://cherylschneiderphotography.com/new-images/, there are some of the images from our most recent trip. Under Galleries are other photos.

Again, thank!

Carl

• 9. Re: Reinstalling Premier Elements 11
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Carl

Thanks for the additional comments. I admire your courage and your photographic skills that you use in exploring the marvels of nature that most of us just read about or see pictures of.

Best wishes to you and your wife and the crew that assists you in your travels.

ATR