• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't download Flash from either link, general download error at 95% finished.

Sep 27, 2014 Sep 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2014 Sep 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chelseasuds,

For Windows,

Here is the link to download flash player for Plugin based browsers.

http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_ 15_plugin...

Link to download Flash Player for Internet Explorer:

http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_ 15_active...

For MAC,

Here is the link to download Flash Player for MAC:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/mac/install_flash_playe r_15_osx....

You can also try downloading Google Chrome, It has a inbuilt Flash Player.

Thanks,

Nikhil Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikhil, thanks for your help! Unfortunately the installation is still failing at 41% complete. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ChelseaSuds,

There could be a problem with the user account permissions. You can try with a different browser and also did you try Google Chrome, Are you able to watch videos online on chrome?

You can try creating new user account.

What is the operating system you are using and which browser?

Thanks,

Nikhil Gupta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2014 Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. No problems before attempting to install the latest Flash player, which gives me the General Installation Error. Now my old Flash don't work either.

Running 10.8.5.This is giving a big headache!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 29, 2014 Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikhil,

I can view flash on GoogleChrome. I have used both GoogleChrome/Safari as my browser, and I have a Mac operating system (OSX 10.7.5.).

This is the error message that I'm seeing: Screen Shot 2014-09-29 at 11.08.05 PM.png

Help! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm confused.  You're screenshot has "Adobe Reader Installer", "Adobe Reader installation error', and refers to Adobe Reader XI (11.0.09) in the error message.  If this is indeed Flash Player installer, please post the correct screenshot, otherwise, please post your question in the Adobe Reader forums.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies, I uploaded the wrong screenshot. My understanding is that I have to download Adobe Flash before I can download Adobe reader. Is that correct? I am trying to turn my word document into a PDF document and I'm using a Mac. Here is a screenshot of the error message that keeps coming up:

Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 8.56.37 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can save a pdf directly from Word, using the drop down menu in the dialog box. Flash is unrelated to Adobe Reader, which is just for reading pdf documents you are sent or find online. If you want to edit pdfs on a Mac you will need a full version of Adobe Acrobat.

As for the Flash screen shot you posted, I am getting the same message when I tried to upgrade to the latest version. Big mistake. I followed all the instructions from Adobe to the letter, including uninstalling the earlier version of Flash and trashing related files, but nothing works and I am left unable to view Flash files on my shiny iMac, running OS 10.8.5 Mountain Lion.

MAJOR piss off. Would appreciate a competent Adobe techie to help explain...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ChelseaSuds,

As Nestor mentions, Flash Player and Reader are two different products and you don't need to install Flash Player to install Reader.  You can do one or the other, or install them in whichever order you chose.  They are not depended on each other.  The reason you can view Flash in Chrome is because Chrome embeds Flash Player so it doesn't use the one  you install manually, unless you go into chrome://plugins and disable the embedded version to use the non-embedded version.

Please provide the following two files, using the instructions here, How to share a document:

• ~/Library/Logs/FlashPlayerInstallManager.log
  • /var/logs/install.log

@Nestor

Please provide the same two files, using the same instructions.  Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 26, 2014 Oct 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Did anyone get an answer to this - I'm getting the same "general installation error"; I've spent countless hours trying to solve this and have got nowhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2014 Oct 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to do a complete system reinstall which seemed to solve the problem. Flash then installed without incident.

It is disappointing that Adobe relies on the user community to solve these issues, rather than reaching out to help. I pay a monthly fee to use the cloud, but cannot reach the company to get an answer directly.

Quark sank with that kind of non-service.

Nestor Golets

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nestor Golets wrote:

...cannot reach the company to get an answer directly.

There are several posts from Adobe tech staff in this topic (and many others).

Both the o/p and you were asked to provide install logs; there is nothing Adobe can do if these vital docs are not provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines