2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2014 9:42 AM by Nancy OShea

Split Photo and Save as Individual Files, CS 5.1

Ron G3

I'm really not that stupid.  But, I've been trying for two days to split a photo and save as two files with no success.  Could somebody make this two step simple?  Thanks.

• 1. Re: Split Photo and Save as Individual Files, CS 5.1
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Create the two split image layers and save them out. You can use menu File>Scripts>Export Layers To Files to do the save them out part.  Photoshop ships with the Export Layers To Files.jsx script.

Here I created a selection around the face and added it as a layer mask. I duped the layer and inverted the layer mask ans saved the layers out as jpeg files and opened them. Had I saved the as png the face file would be just the face with  no border and the head image would have  a transparent area where the face should be.

Capture.jpg

• 2. Re: Split Photo and Save as Individual Files, CS 5.1
            Nancy OShea Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Draw a marquee around the first image.  Right Click > Layer via cut. This cuts the first image from your main layer and puts it on a new layer. Select both layers (shift+click).  Right Click > Link Layers.  Go to Layers menu > Align > Top Edges.  Repeat with Align > Left Edges.   Crop and save.

File > Scripts > Export Layers to files.

Nancy O.