4 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2015 10:28 PM by John Waller

How do I process Fuji XE2 raf files in lightroom 4.4

CanuckFan1970

New to Fuji cameras! Love the camera, now I need to know how to get Lightroom 4.4 to preview and process my XE2 raf files. My issue starts with a message 'can not preview image' and the raw raf files do not come up at all. Ideas?

• 1. Re: How do I process Fuji XE2 raf files in lightroom 4.4
          DdeGannes Level 5

Support for the Fuji XE2 was introduced in LR 5.3 (ACR 8.3) See the full list of supported cameras at the link below.

Camera Raw plug-in | Supported cameras

Two choices.

a. upgrade to LR 5.

b. Use the latest Adobe DNG Converter to render the raw files to DNG. Then you can import the dng files into Lightroom 4.4. (Keep the original raw files so you can use your Camera Manufacturers software or other third party software that does not support the DNG format.)

• 2. Re: How do I process Fuji XE2 raf files in lightroom 4.4
            Jef@NC

Support for the X-E2 is/was listed as part of the update 4.4. Why would it not be so? I'm having the same issue as CF is with my Fuji, and the Adobe DNG convertor isn't reading my RAF files either. I'm rather annoyed lol I have "low end" software like intensify and camera bag that'll read the file with no issue. I'm not sure why this is such a big deal.

• 3. Re: How do I process Fuji XE2 raf files in lightroom 4.4
              ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Where did you see this false information--about LR 4.4 supporting the X-E2?

LR 4.4.1 was released June 2013.

The X-E2 was announced October 2013, some months after, LR 4.4.1.

Adobe's raw conversion software needs specific information for each camera, to support raws from that camera.  Adobe needs a production-ready camera in hand to determine this information so there's no way LR 4.4.1 would already have information from a camera not announced until some months later, and available for sale even later.

If you have simple software that supports the camera, either it is newer, or it is merely reading the embedded JPG preview and not interpreting the raw data.

The DNG Converter 8.3 or newer should work fine to create DNGs from the camera's native raw files; however, when you specify the source, the usual confusion is that you are selecting a FOLDER and you won't see any image files listed.

• 4. Re: How do I process Fuji XE2 raf files in lightroom 4.4
                John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

jef Price wrote:

Support for the X-E2 is/was listed as part of the update 4.4.

Got a link?

There's no X-E2 mentioned in the New Camera Support section of the LR4.4 announcement

Lightroom 4.4 Now Available

The official Adobe camera support page says the X-E2 was first supported in Lightroom 5.3

Camera Raw plug-in | Supported cameras