1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 28, 2014 12:28 PM by dj_paige

Uprgrading to CC from LR4

DrSweet2006

I have a standalone version of LR4 and I want to purchase a CC subscription. What is the process for transferring the catalog from LR4 to the CC LR5? Do I have to have separate copies of the photos that will be used in both iterations? If I use the CC LR5 going forward, will I be able to access the photos I processed in LR5 in my standalone LR4 if I ever decide to stop my CC subscription? This is not really a deal breaker for me, but I want to know how to set-up/partition my files before moving forward.

• 1. Re: Uprgrading to CC from LR4
          dj_paige Level 9

What is the process for transferring the catalog from LR4 to the CC LR5?

First time you open LR5, it should ask you if you want to upgrade your LR4 catalog, and you say "YES" (or "OK" or whatever is affirmative)

Do I have to have separate copies of the photos that will be used in both iterations?

There shouldn't be a need to use LR4 any more, so no you don't have to have both catalogs, but you can keep them both if you want.

If I use the CC LR5 going forward, will I be able to access the photos I processed in LR5 in my standalone LR4 if I ever decide to stop my CC subscription?

Depends on what you mean by access, but if your subscription expires, you can still use most of LR5 CC. The parts that are disabled when the subscription expires are Develop and Map.