4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2014 2:31 AM by Fløystad

Crashes when printing, deleted preferences file. Didn´t help. Lightroom version 5.6

Fløystad

Printing module Lightroom

using Lightroom templates

Reinstalled Lightroom with latest update

Printing from Epson Easy photo print works fine

The problem must be a Lightroom issue. Searched forum for alternatives. And came up with deleting preferences file option

Tried this now, but didn't solve the issue for me.

Using OS X, 10.9.5, Lightroom 5.6

Any suggestions to the problem other than "exporting files and use Epson Photo print"

Thanks for your help and responses to the issue.

Jon

• 1. Re: Crashes when printing, deleted preferences file. Didn´t help. Lightroom version 5.6
          JCKirkpatrick

I have a similiar issue.

OSX 10.9.5

LR5.6

Deleted Preferences file - but, it seems to recreate itself with all previous settings /Users/[username]/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.Lightroom5.plist. My understanding of the effect of deleting the preferences file was to lose all settings. This does not happen.

Deleted LR5 app & reinstalled via CC

Printing to either of my printers (Epson R280, Epson 7800) causes LR to crash. Crash file available if it is helpful.

This issue used to happen with the occasional file but now happens with any file.

I am able to print to either printer from Photoshop CC 2014.

-Jim

• 2. Re: Crashes when printing, deleted preferences file. Didn´t help. Lightroom version 5.6
            Ger Spendel Level 1

The same issue for me. It started a few weeks ago, OSX 10.9.5, LR 5.6.

I also deleted the preference (plist) file, just to find out that in the newly generated preference file, the same settings reappeared.

Until now, I can't explain this behaviour. Where does Lightroom find this information when the preference file has been deleted?

This is the message I found in the Console file, just after trying to print a photo:

29/09/14 18:03:46,583 Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5[2188]: NSAlert is being used from a background thread, which is not safe.  This is probably going to crash sometimes. Break on void _NSAlertWarnUnsafeBackgroundThreadUsage() to debug.  This will be logged only once.  This may break in the future.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ger

• 3. Re: Crashes when printing, deleted preferences file. Didn´t help. Lightroom version 5.6
              Fløystad Level 1

Before posting this issue i saw there were a lot of printing issues in light room section.

Probably a huge issue internally at Adobe.

I have also reported the error reports popping up after the crash to Adobe. No feedback yet. Probably the same functionality as microsoft have. Nobody reviews reported error messages, I hope not this is the case here.

Error reports from LR, I am not able to understand. It is to much code related information for me.

Br,

Jon

• 4. Re: Crashes when printing, deleted preferences file. Didn´t help. Lightroom version 5.6
                Fløystad Level 1

Extract of error message after print:

Screen shot in bottom Thread 29, as I understand that is where the real issue is

Any suggestion for helping in solving the issue?

Skjermbilde 2014-10-04 kl. 11.19.21.png

Screen shot of Thread 29

Skjermbilde 2014-10-04 kl. 11.28.59.png