7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2014 4:36 PM by A.T. Romano

dynamicclickmanager has stopped working

christalsmile

I downloaded Premier and Photoshop elements. I installed premier. I can open the program. I select  "video editor" and then "new project." An error box pops up that says that dynamiclinkmanager has stopped working. I cannot get past this.  The same thing happens when I select "existing project."

Everything seems to work fine if I select "organizer," but then if I try to open a new video project while in the organizer, the same thing happens.

I've tried reinstalling the software. I've looked here on the forums, but got lost in all the details when trying to determine if they apply to me. I'm not a computer person. I just want a human to tell me how to fix this ;-)

Please Help! I have a project due

Windows 7 64 bit Pro

Premier Elements 12

Intel i7 930

12.0 GB RAM

1 TB hard drive

• 1. Re: dynamicclickmanager has stopped working
          A.T. Romano Level 7

christalsmile

Answers are in the details, some more technical than others. Let us sort through them. Ask questions if you need the questions written in a different way.

What antivirus program does your computer use? McAfee or other?

When you download and installed your programs, did you have the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

And, a question that follows "Does the problem exist if your disable the antivirus and firewall(s)?

Now for the usual drill questions....

1. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 12?

2. Are you running the program from an User Account with Administrative Privileges? Does the problem still exist if beforehand you right click the desktop icon for the program and select and apply Run As Administrator?

Do you know how to disable the firewall(s) in Windows 7 64 bit?

For now, please refer to the following for disabling the Windows Firewall

Windows Firewall - Turn On or Off - Windows 7 Help Forums

Please review and consider. We will be watching for your results. Any questions or need clarification, please ask.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: dynamicclickmanager has stopped working
            christalsmile Level 1

ATR, thank you for your response! see answers below

Answers are in the details, some more technical than others. Let us sort through them. Ask questions if you need the questions written in a different way.

What antivirus program does your computer use? McAfee or other? - McAfee

When you download and installed your programs, did you have the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled? - No

And, a question that follows "Does the problem exist if your disable the antivirus and firewall(s)? - yes, it exists when I disable the antivirus and firewall

Now for the usual drill questions....

1. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 12? - Yes

2. Are you running the program from an User Account with Administrative Privileges? Does the problem still exist if beforehand you right click the desktop icon for the program and select and apply Run As Administrator? - The account is the administrator

Do you know how to disable the firewall(s) in Windows 7 64 bit?- firewall is handled by McAfee

For now, please refer to the following for disabling the Windows Firewall

Windows Firewall - Turn On or Off - Windows 7 Help Forums

• 3. Re: dynamicclickmanager has stopped working
              A.T. Romano Level 7

christalsmile

Thank you for the reply.

I suspect that the core of the problem is the McAfee and its control (antivirus and firewall) over your computer. It has caused a lot of problems with

Premiere Elements in the past. It may or may not be the cause of your problem, but the odds are high that it is.

We could try two approaches...

a. You contact McAfee to ask about the best possible McAfee configuration to try to overcome the issue.

b. Uninstall Premiere Elements, do a free ccleaner run through to remove leftovers from incomplete uninstalls, reinstalls

CCleaner - Download

and then reinstall the program with the antivirus/firewalls disabled.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: dynamicclickmanager has stopped working
                christalsmile Level 1

Thank you for your help, but I"ve had it with McAfee in the past and had no problems.

• 5. Re: dynamicclickmanager has stopped working
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

christalsmile

McAfee like many other programs updates periodically, and an update might be the issue regardless of your experience with McAfee in the past.

In trying to rule in or out an antivirus/firewall(s) factor, it is encouraging to know that the problem in the installed program persists with or without

McAfee disabled. But, there is an element of doubt that McAfee influence may have blocked some essential processes during the program installation.

That is one of the factors I have been trying to address.

Please review the following and consider renaming the SLCache Folder and then the SLStore Folder if that does not work. If neither work, you can revert

back to the original SLCache Folder and SLStore Folder. See details in lower section of the following...

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Premiere Elements 12 Editor Will Not Open

If you have not already, please try opening the program using the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe, not the Adobe Premiere Elements 12.exe found

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

in the Adobe Folder you will find Adobe Premiere Elements.exe (it bypasses the Welcome Screen).

If necessary, right click the file, and, from the menu that appears, select Run As Administrator. And, then try double clicking that file to open it.

Have you looked at the Event Viewer messages and errors to determine if you can correlate one of those messages with the program not opening?

Computer/Manage/Event Viewer/Windows Logs/Applications or see link details

Open Event Viewer - Windows Help

If you are unclear on any of the suggestions, please let me know, and I will explain.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: dynamicclickmanager has stopped working
                    christalsmile Level 1

Thank you for your help. See my notes below.

In trying to rule in or out an antivirus/firewall(s) factor, it is encouraging to know that the problem in the installed program persists with or without

McAfee disabled. But, there is an element of doubt that McAfee influence may have blocked some essential processes during the program installation.

That is one of the factors I have been trying to address. I uninstalled premier elements. I uninstalled McAfee and malwarebytes. I ran the uninstall kit provided by McAfee to clean everything out. I then ran Ccleaner. I restarted the computer, and then re-installed premier elements. I got the same error messages.

Please review the following and consider renaming the SLCache Folder and then the SLStore Folder if that does not work. If neither work, you can revert

back to the original SLCache Folder and SLStore Folder. See details in lower section of the following...

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Premiere Elements 12 Editor Will Not Open I don't know what this means.

If you have not already, please try opening the program using the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe, not the Adobe Premiere Elements 12.exe found

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

in the Adobe Folder you will find Adobe Premiere Elements.exe (it bypasses the Welcome Screen).

If necessary, right click the file, and, from the menu that appears, select Run As Administrator. And, then try double clicking that file to open it. I could not find this file. my computer does not list the file extension, only file type (application, etc)

Have you looked at the Event Viewer messages and errors to determine if you can correlate one of those messages with the program not opening?

Open Event Viewer - Windows Help. No, I have not. I wouldn't really know what I was looking at.

If you are unclear on any of the suggestions, please let me know, and I will explain.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: dynamicclickmanager has stopped working
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

christalsmile

Thanks for the reply.

Consideration 1

When you wrote

I select  "video editor" and then "new project." An error box pops up that says that dynamiclinkmanager has stopped working. I cannot get past this.  The same thing happens when I select "existing project."

I interpret that to mean that you cannot open the Premiere Elements Editor. Consequently, I suggested you explore renaming the SLStore and/or SLCache Folders to see if

that would resolve the matter. For details, that is why the following

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Premiere Elements 12 Editor Will Not Open

Consideration 2

Regarding your reply

Open Event Viewer - Windows Help. No, I have not. I wouldn't really know what I was looking at.

In the Event Viewer/Windows Log/Applications, if you have the problem on September 9, 2014, then, in the list of errors and warnings dated September 9, 2014, you

look for one that appears to correlate to the dynamiclingmanager error or close to it and explore that.

Consideration 3

Regarding your reply

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

If necessary, right click the file, and, from the menu that appears, select Run As Administrator. And, then try double clicking that file to open it.I could not find this file. my computer does not list the file extension, only file type (application, etc)

The Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file is the major Premiere Elements file. It has to be there. It should look like this when you get to its hard drive save location...I have scrolled down the list to reach them and have put the two exe files mentioned at the top of the list...

exe.JPG

You should be able to spot them by the characteristic purple icon used for the file. To confirm, go

to Folder Options/View/ and under the View Tab, scroll down to "Hide extensions for known file types".

If there is a dot next to that option, then remove the dot so that you can verify the exe file extension

for the files.

Consideration 4.

You did a great job cleaning up the computer environment so that you could factor in or out security problems.

Consideration 5.

If all of the above is ruled out convincingly.....

Since we are running out of probable cause, it might be worthwhile to create a new User Account with Administrative

Privileges and install and try to run your Premiere Elements 12 there. Also, we could try an alternative source of

installation files.

I can supply further details on any of the above so that you try them and work through them.

We will be watching for further developments.

ATR