7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2014 1:18 PM by Preran

.oam file does not show on webpage.

Satwa

I inserted an  oam file, created through EdgeAnimate, into Dreamweaver, and it shows up when I preview it in the browser in Dreamweaver, but does not show up when I upload it to the server.

It is supposed to show up at the bottom of this page: http://satwagraphics.com/design1.html

Similar to the one at the bottom of this page: http://satwagraphics.com/painting1.html

(this one is just a swf file, but I can't get the EdgeAnimate oam file to show up on the web using Chrome or Safari (those are what I have), even though the animation shows up in Dreamweaver, when previewed in Chrome or Safari.

Any help ?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: .oam file does not show on webpage.
          Preran Adobe Employee

Hi Satwa,

Did you check if you are linking to it correctly? That is, you have not linked it to a local folder?

Thanks,

Preran

• 2. Re: .oam file does not show on webpage.
            Jon Fritz II Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This file has not been uploaded, or was uploaded to the wrong location...

http://satwagraphics.com/design_footer_ani_edge/Assets/design_footer_ani_edge.html

You also have over 90 html errors on that page, you really should clean those up to avoid problems, especially in older browsers. Run the validator at http://validator.w3.org to get a listing

• 3. Re: .oam file does not show on webpage.
              Satwa Level 1

Hi Preran, I checked the path, seems to be ok, but I may be doing it wrong. I am using Dreamweaver, and go to "Insert">"media">"Edge Animate Composition".

Dreamweaver inserts the HTML file (called 'design_footer.html' )  into the div, when I click on the oam file.  I changed the path to the HTML file to simplify it, put the file right in Root Folder (no sub-folders.) It works fine in browser preview.

<object id="EdgeID" type="text/html" width="898" height="198" data-dw-widget="Edge" data="design_footer.html">

</object>

My understanding is that it is supposed to allow you to upload only one file to the server.

Does anyone know how many files, and which ones I am supposed upload to server?

Thanks

• 4. Re: .oam file does not show on webpage.
                Jon Fritz II Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Satwa wrote:

Hi Preran, I checked the path, seems to be ok, but I may be doing it wrong. I am using Dreamweaver, and go to "Insert">"media">"Edge Animate Composition".

Dreamweaver inserts the HTML file (called 'design_footer.html' )  into the div, when I click on the oam file.  I changed the path to the HTML file to simplify it, put the file right in Root Folder (no sub-folders.) It works fine in browser preview.

<object id="EdgeID" type="text/html" width="898" height="198" data-dw-widget="Edge" data="design_footer.html">

</object>

My understanding is that it is supposed to allow you to upload only one file to the server.

Does anyone know how many files, and which ones I am supposed upload to server?

Thanks

That is not what you have uploaded. In the file design1.html you have the following link...

<object id="EdgeID" type="text/html" width="899" height="215" data-dw-widget="Edge" data="design_footer_ani_edge/Assets/design_footer_ani_edge.html">

And the file design_footer_ani_edge.html has not been uploaded to the folders specified in the path (design_footer_ani_edge/Assets).

You would need to upload both the updated design1.html page and the correct version of the footer animation .html to their correct locations.

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: .oam file does not show on webpage.
                  Satwa Level 1

Hi Jon, yes I had the path wrong. Thanks.

I fixed it but still not working.

(I will check all the errors when I finish my website in a few months. I always check the website on half a dozen computers in different locations, different  Macs and PCs, and different browsers, and fix the problems. )

• 6. Re: .oam file does not show on webpage.
                    Satwa Level 1

Hi Jon, I had updated the file path, and tried both file types. Someone at Adobe Edge, needs to explain this better. Searching for answers is impossible. They should explain exactly what the code should look like and exactly how the files work, which ones need to be uploaded.  My understanding is that it is a zipped file of some sort, with all the images etc. (not sure how that works with an HTML file, and how does it find the oam zipped file. )

Anyway, I'm going back to After Effects instead, and just make an swf, until I can get Edge to work.

- Tom

• 7. Re: .oam file does not show on webpage.
                      Preran Adobe Employee

Hi Satwa,

We would like to investigate this for you.

Can you send me your Adobe ID, location, and contact details (phone, email) over a private message? Click my picture and use the message option.

Thanks,

Preran