Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 15.0.0.152 Activex Repeating Install

Sep 29, 2014 Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have a Windows 7 - 64bit machine that tries to update to Active X 15.0, installs fine but then wants to install over and repeatedly.

Did perform clean install. Did perform standalone install. Anyone has any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Oct 02, 2014 Oct 02, 2014

Hello,

Thank you so much for your responses, someone pm me directly and suggested I remove the program again and remove the registry settings and delete any trace of the program, there was a corrupted file causing issues and all of this was resolved after a reboot and re-installation. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2014 Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

edwifer wrote:

then wants to install over and repeatedly.

I don't understand this; how does this manifest itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The win 7 pc says it has an update and when the update is installed it completes without issues but then a few minutes afterward it has the same update to Adobe Flash that it wants to install again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems really bizarre.  We push our content out to thousands of globally-distributed servers (a content distribution network, or CDN), and some network magic routes you to the closest/fastest server to you.

Sometimes a file won't get updated on a particular node, and my guess is that you're getting an old installer, but a current version.xml file (which is just a file with the current version number, which Flash uses to determine if you need an update). 

If you open Control Panel > Flash Player > Advanced, what is the version number that's displayed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi edwifer,

Please provide the following:

The install log files will be fairly large, please use the instructions here, How to share a document, to share them.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 02, 2014 Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Thank you so much for your responses, someone pm me directly and suggested I remove the program again and remove the registry settings and delete any trace of the program, there was a corrupted file causing issues and all of this was resolved after a reboot and re-installation. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines