• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

StageWebView functionality inconsistencies between OSX and Windows

Guru ,
Sep 29, 2014 Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

StageWebView seems to be having some issues. In both cases I'm using the native browser - StageWebView(true). When the app is run on Windows, if System Chrome is set to Transparent then the StageWebView never renders, but it renders fine on OSX using Transparent chrome. All other display objects do render, for instance a toolbar with back/forward/etc buttons, but the web view does not. When it's set to Opaque then it renders on Windows but doesn't on OSX. Actually on OSX it only renders with Transparent chrome, on Windows it only doesn't render with Transparent chrome.

Then there's the history issue. On Windows, isHistoryForwardEnabled never reports as true - ever. If I click links in the rendered page then go back a few it never reports as true. This works fine on OSX.

Anyone have any ideas, or are these just bugs?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's not a good idea to use the native browser on desktop Windows, because the user might have any IE version ranging from the ancient IE 6 to the latest IE 11, and everything in between, which results in unpredictable results and all kinds of problems. Just remove the "true" argument and StageWebView will default to false in the desktop and true (native) in mobile platforms (iOS, Android). Maybe it'll work for you that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMA2k, thanks but that doesn't address the actual issues with StageWebView. It's running in a controlled environment anyway so that'll never be a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is still a problem 3 years later! I made a gorgeous custom chrome for my app using the transparent chrome feature. Now when I plug in the StageWebView(true) part of the app, the stage web view doesn't render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines