1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 29, 2014 1:09 PM by Atul_Saini

STARTING Adobe Audition CC

wolflover1968

Ok..The program is installed.  How on earth do I START the program?  I click on the Adobe Audition CC, and nothing happens.  The program doesn't start, period.  NORMALLY, when a program is installed, ALL you have to do is click on the icon, and the program starts.

NOT so with Adobe Audition.  I installed it, per the instructions.  It updated and installed.  WHAT do I DO to RUN this program?  It does nothing and there's nowhere to click to START the program.  What did I do WRONG?  There's no shortcut on my desktop.  That's the other thing.  ALL programs install a shortcut on the desktop that you just click, and the program starts running.  Not this one.

If there's a shortcut for Adobe Audition CC, I can't find it, and the icon in the Creative Cloud does absolutely nothing.  How am I supposed to USE this program if it doesn't start, after being installed and updated?  What am I missing here?

• 1. Re: STARTING Adobe Audition CC
          Atul_Saini Adobe Employee

Hi wolflover1968,

Kindly specify the Operating System that you are so that we can assist you appropriately.

Meanwhile, try the following steps if you have a windows PC.

Check if you have Audition CC installed in "Programs and Features".

1. Open the Windows Control Panel > Programs and Features
          2. If you do not see Audition CC there, please follow the below mentioned link :

CC desktop lists applications as "Up to Date" when not installed

If you see that it is listed under Program and features, then try the below  mentioned steps.

1.   Try to reset the preference : Restoring the default settings for Audition CS6
          2.    Give Full control permissions to the following folders

C:\Program Files\Adobe\

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe

C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Roaming\Adobe

Please revert if the problem still persists.

Thanks,

Atul Saini