13 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2016 7:44 PM by quinnm46867151

Error message when uploading to Youtube

Tlopes

Hello;

I am having trouble uploading videos to Youtube. I keep getting the following message: "Online services encountered an error. The service will now be terminated or paused if possible." What does this mean and how do I fix the problem?

Thanks

T

• 1. Re: Error message when uploading to Youtube
          Saskwatch Level 1

I have the same problem and the same error message when attempting to upload even a 2 minute movie to Vimeo.  I successfully go through the authorization procedure and the upload shows 98% completion... then the error message about "online services" appears.  This failure still occurs after uninstalling/reinstalling the software.

Later... I tried "refreshing" the online services but got the usual error message at 98%.  Canceling the operation did not then work -- I had to force quit the application.  (Yesterday I let it run for 2 hours after cancelling but then did a force-quit.)

APE 13

MacBook Pro

8gb 1600 mhz ram

2.9 ghz i7

osx 10.9.4

• 2. Re: Error message when uploading to Youtube
            A.T. Romano Level 7

tlopes

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

What is the file size and duration of the Timeline that you want to upload to YouTube using the within Premiere Elements feature?

What formats are represented on the project's Timeline and what is your project preset?

1. To verify the integrity of your YouTube account - have you exported your Timeline to a file saved to the computer hard drive

and then uploaded that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site?

2. From a computer point of view

a. Have you gone to Edit Menu/Preferences/Web Sharing and refreshed the Online Services? Is there any question about

availability of the feature to you related to the part of the world where you are located?

b. Have you gone to the Internet browser Options/Advanced/Network and Cached Web Content and cleared that content?

c. Have you shut down the computer router for 35 to 45 seconds?

Please review and consider and then we can decide what next - YouTube web site issue or something else.

In a few moments, I will try Premiere Elements 13 Publish+Share/Social Websites/YouTube and determine if it is a go or

no go.

More later.

ATR

Add On....If your version is 12 instead of 13, I will test that next.

• 3. Re: Error message when uploading to Youtube
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Saskwatch

Please remind me. Have we have gone completely through the drill that I listed for tlopes in post numbered 2 of this thread.

Is your error message always the same "Online Services Encountered An Error"?

In a few moments, I will try Premiere Elements 13 Publish+Share/Social Websites/Vimeo and YouTube and determine if they are a go or

no go. What happens if you select YouTube instead of Vimeo?

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Error message when uploading to Youtube
                Saskwatch Level 1

ATR, I have followed the steps you've suggested without luck.  I'm uploading with the standard definition Vimeo SD preset, 123 mb file, aproximately 7.38 minute upload (which seems accurate, though it only achieves 98%).

I'd prefer not to test a YouTube upload unless absolutely necessary as I don't have an account -- I use Vimeo Pro.

The error is always the same "account services, etc." and 98% completion.

My default browser is Chrome.

APE 13

MacBook Pro

8gb 1600 mhz ram

2.9 ghz i7

osx 10.9.4

thanks!

• 5. Re: Error message when uploading to Youtube
                  Saskwatch Level 1

I forgot to mention that I have no trouble uploading the same movie to Vimeo via the computer, direct.

• 6. Re: Error message when uploading to Youtube
                    Saskwatch Level 1

I took a hint from ATR's replies and switched my browser to Safari -- and it successfully uploaded the movie to Vimeo via Premiere Elements 13.  Not a perfect solution, as I prefer Chrome, but definitely a workable one.

• 7. Re: Error message when uploading to Youtube
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

tlopes

Just got finished with my test runs of Premiere Elements 11, 12, and 13 for upload of Timeline content to YouTube from within the Premiere Elements Publish+Share area.

Only same 8 photos on Timeline uploaded to YouTube (High Definition Video for YouTube - 1920 x 1080)

Premiere Elements 13, two times....once as is and once refreshed Online Services, closed program, reopened program

When the progress reached Uploading the error is "Online Services encountered....."

PE13YouTube.JPG

When the same 8 photos were uploaded in Premiere Elements 11 or 12 on the same computer in the same time frame,

there was no problem. The uploads went to successful completion in the Premiere Elements feature.

No solution, but wait. I have yet to clear the Cached Web Content and shut down the computer router. My default browser

for this was Mozilla Firefox v 32.0.3.  Based on Saskwatch's success with Safari and Vimeo, I may try Internet Explorer 11.

Right now my browser choices are Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer.

I am working from Premiere Elements 13 tryout. Are you working with a purchased version of 13?

More later.

ATR

• 8. Re: Error message when uploading to Youtube
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Saskwatch

Great job.

Please refer to my results with Firefox, YouTube, and Premiere Elements 13 (post numbered 7 of this thread).

Great news.

ATR

• 9. Re: Error message when uploading to Youtube
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

tlopes and Saskwatch

I just gave Premiere Elements 13 Publish+Share/Social Websites/YouTube with preset = High Definition Video for YouTube - 1920 x 1080 another try.

I cleared the Firefox Cached Web Content, shut down the router for 40 seconds, and also looked at Internet Explorer 11 as the default browser.

See the same old Online Services error as soon as "uploading" appeared in the YouTube progress bar.

I have to think about this some more and whether or not to download and install Safari.

More later.

ATR

• 10. Re: Error message when uploading to Youtube
                            quinnm46867151

has nothing to do with any of the troubleshooting suggestions. I.e. Browser, router, etc.

this is a **** program. Just ask for you me money back. You shouldn't have to manually save your timeline and upload It to YouTube. The program is advertised as one that does this service. If it's not doing what it's supposed to, Adobe has to i a refund.

[Personal insult is not tolerated on this forum, keep it civil. Text deleted by mod]

• 11. Re: Error message when uploading to Youtube
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

quinnm

Problems with the same symptoms can (often do) have different causes.

I realize the situation that you are in, but I do not agree with the generalization

has nothing to do with any of the troubleshooting suggestions. I.e. Browser, router, etc.

Maybe yours does not, but that has not applied to all.

You seem determined that there is nothing to be accomplished with troubleshooting this issue. Maybe not. But, if you change your mind and want to exchange details specific to your issue in this thread, I would look forward to the opportunity to be of assistance. I am not affiliated with Adobe in anyway. My comments are my own. I have no Adobe insider information. We would start (user to user) with what version of Premiere Elements, what computer operating system?

I personally use Premiere Elements (4 through 14/14.1) on Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 64 bit and have not had problems with the Premiere Elements YouTube built in feature. Others have. Finding the difference is the challenge - why them and not me.

ATR

• 12. Re: Error message when uploading to Youtube
                                Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

quinnm46867151 wrote:

Well actually it does. Routers can play a key factor in this.

BTW i always upload manually (although my preferred program has a built in feature), this way one has more control over the upload.

• 13. Re: Error message when uploading to Youtube
                                  quinnm46867151 Level 1

no it actually doesn't. All that should be required is a connection. This "online services not available" is an error on Adobe's behalf because it shouldn't appear if there is a connection to the Internet.

what you do is your business. But there is no extra control over anyhung in doing a manual upload. This program is advertised as one to upload videos to YouTube through the program. So it should do as advertised.