13 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2014 11:50 AM by A.T. Romano

Rendering Project

SteveKaliski

Why Premier 10 starts then stops rendering a project?

• 1. Re: Rendering Project
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Do you mean rendering as in rendering the timeline for smoother playback, or do you mean exporting to a new file?

The Elements Tutorial Links Page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 may help

• 2. Re: Rendering Project
            SteveKaliski Level 1

The whole timeline. (The timeline consists of all clips only.)

• 3. Re: Rendering Project
              A.T. Romano Level 7

SteveKaliski

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Generalizing for now....

Please check the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar to make sure that they span the entire Timeline content that is to be rendered.

Render.JPG

Screenshot is from Premiere Elements 12/12.1 Windows.

Is there an orange line over the Timeline content that you want to render (for version 11, 12, and 13).

Is there a red line over the Timeline content that you want to render (for versions earlier than 11)..

Just in case note....you cannot do Timeline rendering if there is no colored line or a green line over the Timeline content.

Also how much free space does your computer have at the location where the preview files are directed?

Please see Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks/Media Cache.

We will be watching for the details of your situation.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Rendering Project
                SteveKaliski Level 1

Version 10 on Windows 7.

In a message dated 9/30/2014 3:22:58 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time, 

forums_noreply@adobe.com writes:

Rendering  Project

created by A.T. Romano (https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano)  in 

Premiere Elements - View the full  discussion

(https://forums.adobe.com/message/6778857#6778857)

• 5. Re: Rendering Project
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

SteveKaliski

Thank you for your reply with the version of Premiere Elements (10) and the computer operating system in use Windows 7 (assumed 64 bit).

Did any of my comments in my post numbered 3 of your thread target your issue? Does the problem still exist after carrying through on the suggestions? If so, please give more detail. If you have a screenshot showing the track content that will not render, please consider posting screenshot in your thread.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Rendering Project
                    SteveKaliski Level 1

There is an orange bar across the entire timeline. Plenty of Disc space available. It starts to render with green line moving across and replacing the orange line as it proceeds. But, it just quits. There are only 58 small clips on this project, so it's not very long. I've made a copy of the project to work on, but it does the same thing on the copy.

Steve

• 7. Re: Rendering Project
                      SteveKaliski Level 1

I just noticed that some clips are .ASF, some are .MP4, and some are .MOV.

Could this be the issue? Maybe Premier cannot render a mixed bag of clips.

Steve

• 8. Re: Rendering Project
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Steve

Premiere Elements should be able to render Timeline content with different formats. But, I "never" like to qualify statements with always or never.

So, let us do this....

a. observe the format of all the clips that still have the orange line over content at the end of the render. All .asf, all .mp4, all .mov? If not all, what is

the count for all that did not render under .asf, .mp4, and .mov? Let us see if that distribution of results tells us anything.

b. where are the unrendered areas. Beginning, middle, end or scattered.

c. I know that you looked at a copy of your project...but what happens if you take the source files into a new project, just them, and try to render the Timeline?

We will be watching for your follow up.

ATR

• 9. Re: Rendering Project
                          SteveKaliski Level 1

Hi ATR

I started a new project with the same clips. However, I brought in 1 clip at a time and rendered each one as brought in.

I did no editing on the clips, just brought in as is.

The first 10 were mp4 clips and it rendered each one OK.

The next clip was ASF and it rendered that one OK also.

However, the very next ASF and all the other ASF's that followed would not render.

Also, the clips MOV would not render either.

So it appears that Premier 10 can't /will not render these formats.

I don't know what to try next. Although I tried to rename some ASF's to mp4 and that didn't work either.

Thank you for trying to help me though.

Steve

• 10. Re: Rendering Project
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Steve

Thanks for the reply.

What are the properties of the .mov, .mp4, and .asf files by comparison - essentially frame size, frame rate, and video compression?

Did you do any scenerios where you brought in only the .asf file and determined how many of them you could get to render by comparison

to doing this type of thing with just the .mp4 or just the .mov?

If you went to the location where the rendered files were saved, what was the file size of that Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder?

If you have a SD project, the rendered files are all DV.avi video files (whether the file rendered is a still or video). If you have a HD project, the

rendered files are all MPEG2.mpg video files (whether the file rendered is a still or video).

I have .mp4 and .mov files. I will see if I can find some .asf files. Then I will look at rendering those files in Premiere Elements 10 Windows.

More later.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 11. Re: Rendering Project
                              SteveKaliski Level 1

In a message dated 10/3/2014 12:48:59 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time, 

forums_noreply@adobe.com writes:

Rendering  Project

created by A.T. Romano (https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano)  in 

Premiere Elements - View the full  discussion

(https://forums.adobe.com/message/6788697#6788697)

• 12. Re: Rendering Project
                                SteveKaliski Level 1

I started a new project and brought in the source clips randomly one at a time and rendered each one in the time line

one at a time. All the .mov and .mp4 clips rendered OK. but, only some of the .ASF clips did. I checked each one of the .ASF clips to

see if there were any properties that were different and I could not find anything different between the ones that renedered

and the ones that did not. Maybe the problem lies in the camera itself. At this point I'm going to end this project and move on.

Thank you for interest in trying to resolve the issue for me however.

Steve

• 13. Re: Rendering Project
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Steve

Thanks for the update.

If there are any further developments in this .asf Timeline rendering issue, please let us know.

You do not have to render the Timeline content in order to move forward in the project, but that

Timeline rendering is your window of opportunity to catch a problem sooner than later. And, it

is particularly helpful with titles, transitions, effects, and non native formats.

I do not work with .asf files, but your situation is good motivation for me to catch up on .asf file

in the Premiere Elements workflow.

Best wishes as you move forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR