6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2014 1:47 PM by A.T. Romano

when i start to export my file to be view on computer, my computer stop during the export. What I should do? Thanks

aubinm

when i start to export my file to be view on computer, my computer stop during the export. What I should do? Thanks

• 1. Re: when i start to export my file to be view on computer, my computer stop during the export. What I should do? Thanks
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

From the Premiere Elements Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180

•You MUST use an account with Administrator Privileges to run Premiere Elements

•(Doing Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 [says Encore and also for "All" versions of Premiere] will sometimes fix "odd" errors)

•What version of Premiere Elements? Include the minor version number (e.g., Premiere Elements 12 with the 12.0.1 update).

•What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.9.4"---not just "Mac"

•Has this ever worked before?  If so, do you recall any changes you made to Premiere Elements, such as adding Plug-ins, brushes, etc.?  Did you make any changes to your system, such as updating hardware, printers or drivers; or installing/uninstalling any programs?

•Have you installed any recent program or OS updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)

•What kind(s) of image file(s)? When talking about camera raw files, include the model of camera.

•If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?

•What were you doing when the problem occurred?

•What other software are you running?

•Tell us about your computer hardware. How much RAM is installed?  How much free space is on your system (C:) drive?

•How many and what speed are your hard drive(s)... ie 5400rpm or 7200rpm or?

And some other questions...

•What are you editing, and does your video have a red line over it BEFORE you do any work?

•Which version of Quicktime do you have installed?

• 2. Re: when i start to export my file to be view on computer, my computer stop during the export. What I should do? Thanks
            A.T. Romano Level 7

aubinm

You have not given enough details for us to help you resolve your Premiere Elements workflow issue.

After you tell us what version of Premiere Elements that you are using and on what computer operating system it is running, please explain your situation....

a. Are you saying that the computer "goes to sleep" during your export of your Timeline?

or

b. Are you saying that Premiere Elements exporting crashes the computer in the middle of your export of your Timeline?

After that basic information is known, we can cut to the core of the matter and avoid going through unrelated areas.

If this is Premiere Elements crashing the computer, then a lot more questions including is this a "it worked before but not now" or

"it never worked before" issue.

Details of project settings and properties of source media and details of export choices and settings would be necessary.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: when i start to export my file to be view on computer, my computer stop during the export. What I should do? Thanks
              aubinm Level 1

Good morning M. Romano. Thanks form your reply.1. The program is Adobe premiere Élements 132.Premiere Elements exporting crashes the computer after 6- minutes of me export of a video of 35minutes;3. Not the first time. It was doing the same with Media movie player. That is the reason why I bought the premiere Élements 13.

Thanks for your help

Let make this day the best everMichel.

• 4. Re: when i start to export my file to be view on computer, my computer stop during the export. What I should do? Thanks
                A.T. Romano Level 7

aubinm

Great information that will help us cut through a lot of non related troubleshooting.

Based on your observations, the two most likely focuses are

a. the computer and its resources

and

b. the source media that you are taking in Premiere Elements 13 and assumed Windows Live Movie Maker 2011 or Movie Maker 2012.

Based on your information, I am assuming that you are dealing with an export where you save the Timeline content to file rather than a burn to disc.

But, I am concerned that I might be misinterpreting your

It was doing the same with Media movie player

That could mean that you were doing a burn to disc in Windows Media Player and trying to do a burn to in Premiere Elements. The following is directed

at the export to file but is applicable all around. But there specific questions that we can add in a later post if you are doing export as burn to.

What are the properties of the source media that you are importing into the programs? If you do not know, the quickest way to get at that

information is by knowing the brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded the import. If that does not work, then we will need to use

free downloads of properties readout programs such as MediaInfo or GSpot utility. Here our main interest is the video compression, audio

compression, frame size, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, file extension, pixel aspect ratio. We know from what you wrote that the

duration of the content for export is 35 minutes.

What type of exports were you doing when the crashes occurred - if the Windows Live Movie Maker 2011, I would assume .wmv, if Movie

Maker 2012, I would assume .wmv or .mp4, and, if Premiere Elements 13, no sure what you might have selected under Publish+Share/Computer/,

As for the computer, what video card/graphics card does it use, does it use more than 1 card. Please verify in Device Manager/Display Adapters of

your computer. Are you running these programs from a User Account with Administrative Privileges? Is your computer optimized

a. run through of ccleaner (regular and registry cleaner parts)

CCleaner - Download

b. consider installed and available RAM

c. consider free hard drive space

For Premiere Elements 13 concerns, is the latest version of QuickTime installed on this computer?

Let us start here and then go into the troubleshooting/solution based on your answers.

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR

• 5. Re: when i start to export my file to be view on computer, my computer stop during the export. What I should do? Thanks
                  aubinm Level 1

Hi ATR. Thanks again. Ok I will look for the answers to your questions. Your questions are very pertinent.

Let make this day the best everMichel.

• 6. Re: when i start to export my file to be view on computer, my computer stop during the export. What I should do? Thanks
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

aubinm

Looking forward to your follow up.

We are eager for you to succeed and move forward in your Premiere Elements projects.

Best wishes

ATR