5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2014 9:32 AM by JJMack

Unable to print from Adobe Photoshop CS6

Schwermer

I have a computer lab here that is unable to print from Photoshop. All of them are able to print from any other program. We get an error that says something along the lines of adobe could not find a printer. The next time I go to select print, its grayed out. I have tried redeploying the printer, changing print drivers, and changing all sorts of printing preferences, all to no avail.

All systems are running windows 7.

This was the closest thing I could find to my problem (Can't print from Adobe Photoshop CS5), and the solution to it was to change the default printer to something else and you could print. That fixes my issue, but every time a user tries it, that's what they have to do.

Has anyone else run into this issue or is there a known fix?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Unable to print from Adobe Photoshop CS6
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Can you post a screen capture showing you Photoshop window with your document Photoshop's print dialog and printer setting set the way that did not work.

Right click image click open link in new tab or windows and scale to actual size if you want to see this better

Capture.jpg

• 2. Re: Unable to print from Adobe Photoshop CS6
            Schwermer Level 1

Untitled.jpgUntitled1.jpg

Let me know if you need anything else.

• 3. Re: Unable to print from Adobe Photoshop CS6

If you reboot your system open Photoshop CS6 extended and open an image will Ctrl+P open Photoshop Print dialog.  Here is a screen capture where I'm using Windows 7 Pro and Photoshop CS6 Extended subscription version 13.1.2. Using Ctrl+P  CS6 Print Dialog opens. I can use its Printer pull-down menu and select any printer. Then click the Print Setting... button.  The Printer setting dialog will open and I can set them.

Can you get it up the CS6 print dialog that is....

Capture.jpg

• 4. Re: Unable to print from Adobe Photoshop CS6
                Schwermer Level 1

No, I am still get the same error from using the Ctrl+P shortcut.

Thank you.

EDIT: It may be worth mentioning that I can open the CS6 print dialog using the fix I mentioned in the original post.

• 5. Re: Unable to print from Adobe Photoshop CS6

Do you mean by changing you system default printer?

If you can get it up can you print to a different printer then you want to.

I know you wrote you install the print drivers again. Still what printer are you trying to print to.  While I do not have the Epson attached to my workstation the drivers for it are installed and the printer setting dialog even seems to be communicate with the machine and the printer for the ink levels show on my workstation.

So IMO the printer device manager get involved. In your case what happens is Photoshop does not seem to see you system default printer when you set the printer you want to print on as the system default printer.