1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 2, 2007 11:12 AM by JeffreyGong

Geting major lag and freezing in Flex Builder 2

xyco45 Level 1
      The lag happens only really when I am in "source" mode, I will type something and Flex builder will usually respond after a second, or sometimes two seconds! after pushing a key on the keyboard. when I keep pressing the key to make it go faster, Flex builder just freezes up. The lag only really started happening when I had more then a thousand lines of code. I am currently at 4586 lines of code and the slow down only increases as I had more code. Some of my other projects ranging from 100 to 500 lines of code run smoothly without lag. Also everytime I type in the project with the 4k lines of code and I check the CPU usages, Flex seems to be a real memory hog, when I type something in flex the CPU usage starts shooting up! like from 30 to 50, etc. I am using Windows XP and do virus checks a lot I don' t think it could be a bug. I have tried reinstalling Flex builder and didn't do anything, any suggestions on how to speed things up?

• 1. Re:       Geting major lag and freezing in Flex Builder 2
          JeffreyGong Level 1
          Hi xyco45,

I have exactly the same experiences as yours before.

You may try to make the value bigger in the following line of C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 2\Flex SDK 2\bin\jvm.config

java.args=-Xmx384m -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false

and/or make the values bigger in the following lines of C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 2\FlexBuilder.ini

-vmargs
          -Xms256M
          -Xmx768M

Hope it helps,

Jeffrey