10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2007 1:53 PM by emerys

Strange ColdFusion error

I have ColdFusion version 7,0,2,142559 installed on a Windows 2003 server.
      I have a page that occasionally works and occasionally returns '18' and that's all it says on the webpage. In the application log, the only additional information is the line number it thinks the error is on; it's the line that starts a Query of Query. This QoQ is a UNION of two queries that are both joins, but that shouldn't make any difference.
      By trying various things, I have narrowed the problem down to a phase in the where clause of the second query. Although the error comes and goes, it seems to happen because of a line that says OR (D = 'D' and H = 'H') I have several other phrases in the same where clause that are just like this. But if I change the line to OR (D = 'D' and H = 'X') then it works. But that doesn't make any sense, and I can't find anything about an error 18. Since this error comes and goes, could this be a problem with memory, or CPU utilization, or services?
      If someone can answer this, you are doing very good. How soon will CF version 8 come out?
      Scott