2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2014 7:23 PM by Rick Gerard

How to get plugin file for After Effects CC 2014 (just bought creative cloud)

LyssaVictoria_

I just bought Creative Cloud, installed it, and then went to the Adobe site to install After Effects, since I couldn't find a way to do this on the CC menu. I have Mac OSx. I downloaded the After Effects CC 2014 app and it installed it onto my desktop. So when I go to applications>adobe there is no After Effects file and no plugins. And in the menu within After Effects there is no listing of the Effects & presets. I tried searching various things like "curves" and nothing showed up except for "contents"......any idea on how to solve this?

• 1. Re: How to get plugin file for After Effects CC 2014 (just bought creative cloud)
          DESIGNbySAFIY Level 2

First thing I'd do is install the app to its default location. If you still have problems after that come back and list the AE version (to the last decimal point) OS, etc.

• 2. Re: How to get plugin file for After Effects CC 2014 (just bought creative cloud)
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you are telling us that you could not find After Effects in the Creative Cloud app then your system does not meet the minimum system requirements. If you somehow found a disk image and managed to run it and it gave you the option to choose Desktop when installing then you probably don't have a light copy of CC 2014, because it should only be installed using the CC app. Mac OSx tells us nothing. You could be on Lion, or Leopard, or Mountain Lion or even something else.

Tell us more about your system, show us what you get when and if you get AE to launch (sounds like you're looking inside the disk image for an app and it's not there), and give us the exact steps or error messages that you are seeing when you try and launch AE. BTW, plug-ins are only accessible from inside the timeline or the comp window when the App is running.