I've just completed a very simple task, designing a six page, roll-fold A5 leaflet. It has been through several iterations and all has been fine. Each new version has been saved with a new version number (Behance is not an option) with no problems at all until today... I received final approval, so I opened the latest version of the file, added crease guides on a separate, non-printing, layer and saved it as FINAL. For a sanity check I opened the "FINAL" file again, only to find that the crease guides were not there, nor was the new layer I'd created for them. Other very minor tweaks (non-printing) were also not there – in other words the document was identical to the one originally opened from which the FINAL version was derived. This happened many, many, many times. I have spent longer trying to save the document than I took to create it in the first place!
Anybody got any ideas?
This is happening to lots of users. Save as IDML, then open that do your edits and save with a new name as .indd.
Thanks Peter. For some inexplicable reason I tried one more time and it actually saved [sound of fanfare]! What is really interesting (by which I mean incredibly annoying) is that I later found many versions of the correct version in a different folder, all with truncated file names. It seems that when I "saved" the file, it did actually save it after all, just not with the name I gave it, nor in the folder I specified!
I'm sure you are correct, and I'll click the correct button as soon as I have tested it out (difficult now if it has for some inexplicable reason started working properly)