5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2014 10:04 AM by A.T. Romano

Adobe Premiere Elements 12 don't start and crashes

Daniel2014

Adobe Premiere Elements 12 don't work as it should in Windows 8.

I run the Pc as an Admin Account but still adobe just gives me this message and then crashes.
      I only have one account that is Admin on this pc aswell.

141001_adobe.jpg

I also tried to run the program as "admin" with right mouse buttom, but it's the same error thier.
      I have also installed the program on another Pc I dont use but has Win7 and thier it works just fine.

So what should I do so I can use the program that I actually bought serval weeks ago?
      But still cant use.... Anyone that know of this problem?
      Really bad that you cant write or call adobe "support"

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 12 don't start and crashes
          A.T. Romano Level 7

daniel2014

How long ago did you purchase Premiere Elements 12? If it is within the last 30 days, you might be eligible for a free move to version 13. You need to contact Adobe via its Adobe Chat to discuss that as soon as possible if that is something of interest to you. There may be some debate about the way to make contact, but, if you purchased from Adobe direct as an online download, I would contact Adobe Chat by clicking on the following and following through with Chat Panel.

http://helpx.adobe.com/sea/contact.html?step=PRE_membership-account-payment_payments-invoi ces-orders_stillNeedHelp

Premiere Elements

Membership, Account, Payment

Payments, Invoices, Orders

Chat Panel

If the link does not open as set, then you will need to navigate to Chat Panel using the above titles as guides.

If you stay with 12, then there are several areas to pursue

1. Can you open the program by going to the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file, right clicking it and selecting Run As Administrator, and then double clicking the .exe in an attempt to open the program direct to the editor?

See

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 12

and in the Adobe Premiere Elements 12 Folder are the Adobe Premiere Elements 12.exe and Adobe Premiere Elements.exe. You want the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file.

2. If you create a new User Account with Administrative Privileges and install and run Premiere Elements 12 from there, does the program open?

3. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 12 don't start and crashes
            Daniel2014 Level 1

Point 1 & 2 have I allready done with out any success. Its the same problem thier with the program.
            I think we bhought the program in june 2014.

I will try out point 3.

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 12 don't start and crashes
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Daniel2014

The antivirus program, especially McAfee, has been causing several Premiere Elements issues lately. So it is important

to rule that factor in or out at the onset.

Even though your Premiere Elements 12 is not the latest version of the program, have you sought any input from Adobe via its Adobe

Chat on this matter in the hopes it had some undocumented troubleshooting or it might take control of your computer for troubleshooting?

We will be watching for your results, when your schedule permits.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 12 don't start and crashes
                Daniel2014 Level 1

I use a program called F-Secure as anti virus. On the windows 7 Pc I tested Premiere on also use F-Secure so

it dont feelt like that was the problem to me.

Never used the Chat with Adobe. I will try it today and se if they can come up with something useful.

• 5. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 12 don't start and crashes
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Daniel2014

Thanks for the reply. We will be watching for the outcome of your troubleshooting with Adobe Chat.

Did you actually look at the problem with and without F-Secure and the firewall(s) disabled?

ATR