3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2014 11:32 AM by Justincordle

Rendering Glitches! AH!

Justincordle

I am having some problems rendering my AE project. Everytime I render, the final product has glitches all thru it. They are not there when I RAM Preview, they only appear in final renders. Any input would be very helpful! Here are some Screengrabs of what is happening. As you can see, Sometimes the 3D text is messed up and other times there are just random shapes and glitches that appear.

I created all of my text in Element 3D

I am rendering in NTSC- D1 SD 720X486

Apple ProRes 422 (HQ)

29.97 fps

Screen Shot 2014-10-01 at 8.42.37 AM.pngAs you can see here, there is a random shape that appears as this text scrolls up the screen

Screen Shot 2014-10-01 at 8.42.22 AM.pngThe "r" is messed up

Screen Shot 2014-10-01 at 8.41.49 AM.pngThe "I" is messed up

Screen Shot 2014-10-01 at 8.41.24 AM.png The dot on the "i" in the word "This" is messed up

• 1. Re: Rendering Glitches! AH!
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Screenshots of the results are basically useless without the seeing the timeline and the comp and some kind of description of how you are achieving your effects. If purging everything and rendering to an image sequence doesn't fix the problem then we need a lot more info. Where did the text come from? Is it all on one layer? Are these random frames or does the dot on the i in This have a missing stroke in every frame?

• 2. Re: Rendering Glitches! AH!
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

The buffer size and several functions are determined by the comp resolution, so by all means always preview your work at 100% size and zoom before rendering. Yes, Element 3D is that sensitive since it uses OpenGL. also check your bevel values. Broken up faces often means that the values are overcranked, resulting in self-intersections in non-convex polygons. and yeah, if you created the text from text layers, convert them to outlines and clean them up. Contours with many points spaced too closely can have the same effect. Fonts have different path requirements than normal shapes and therefore often have extra points in corners which only reveal themselves upon conversion.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: Rendering Glitches! AH!
              Justincordle Level 1

This is all great advice! Thanks so much! I have never converted text to outlines, looks like I will go try that first and see if it helps. Any advice on how to do that correctly?