• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish fails in Frame 12. Where do I go to understand error messages?

Engaged ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Publish pad in Frame 12, I get an error message:

MIF: "C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\TPUBTMP\FileName_A01.mif" (5239): Value of Separation out of range (10)

Is there somewhere where these issues are listed?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be the cause - https://forums.adobe.com/message/4477854#4477854

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I'm not sure if that link shows the cause or not. So far in the Settings file I have mapped:

HeadingBook to h1 (Heading 1)

HeadingVolume to h2 (Heading 2)

Heading0 to h3 (Heading 3)

Heading1 to h3 (Heading 3)

Heading2 to h4 (Heading 4)

Heading3 to h5 (Heading 5)

all the Heading...TOC files to h6 (Heading 6)

and

BodyBegin to p.BodyLevel1

BodyContent to p.BodyLevel2

I haven’t mapped any other paragraph tags or character tags because I’m trying to see if I’m understanding this process correctly.

Since I still don’t understand most of this, in ALL of the Style Mappings of paratags, NONE of the other tickboxes have been selected.

Advice, oh Great Wizard?

Thanks,

Theresa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that poster in that thread had some auto numbering building blocks in their FM paragraph tags that were messing it up. When they told it to treat the lists as plain text, it worked. Never really played with the Publish interface in FM (my gut feeling is that it doesn’t give you much control over how stuff is to be dealt with) so I don’t know if any of that is causing your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only autonumbering occurring in the fm book is chapter numbering which is controlled by Frame book numbering and a paragraph tag called S_NumberSection which I have not yet set to any output style.

Can my problem be occurring because

• I have not yet added all the paragraph/character styles which are used in the fm book but not yet mapped in the Settings.sts file?
  • I have mapped several fm paragraph formats to one html style?
  • Do the unused paragraph formats in Fm matter to the html document?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure – I know in the TCS world that you don’t have to map all FM para and character tags to RH styles for them to come across – RH just takes its best guess at the formatting to come up with a “FM_” style. Unused ones are ignored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I'm directly mapping Fm paratag to html styles, I've turned off the Automap tickbox. However, previously all fields displayed "Automap failed"

What I don't know is if I've corrupted the Settings.sts file. Do you know how I get a pristine one? (I never saved before I started fiddling).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new settings.sts file (right from the Publish screen), redid these same mappings and it published correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke too soon.

Although the process gives me the option to View Output, I'm still getting

MIF: "C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\TPUBTMP\FileName_A01.mif" (5239): Value of Separation out of range (10)

(this error is for the whole book)

If I publish only one fm file I get

MIF: "C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\TPUBTMP\FileName_.mif" (5707): Value of Separation out of range (10)

Ideas?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be wildly off-thread, but whenever I've seen that message (or some close kin to it) it's been a question of colour definitions; after I've carefully edited a .mif file to extirpate unused definitions, FM seems to think that a reference to one of the remaining definitions is somehow faulty. If, in gung-ho mood, I then just delete the line identified in the error message and reopen the .mif, no more message … and, so far, no visible consequences. I'm not saying I understand, just reporting what I've done :-}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2014 Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theresa,

That warning message means that a colour definition is not quite correct or undefined (perhaps it got corrupted) and any text using that may have an issue, i.e. the conversion won't know what colour to use for display.

The warning message refers to line 5239 in the MIF file (FM always creates intermediate MIFs for the Publish modules). So, to spot what exactly is wrong, you need to open the MIF file in a text editor and examine that line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Arnis. Where would I find the MIF file? My system only has a file directory called TPUBTMP1. In one sample I converted all the CorporateColor_Primary to black but the publishing process generated an early error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Where would I find the MIF file?

If you can't find it*, merely save out the .fm as MIF to a .mif and examine it with a plaintext editor (ideally one with line number support).

* FM/TCS may not save intermediate MIFs anyway (as it doesn't save .tps).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thereesa,

As Error says, it's easiest just to save it out manually from FM. IIRC, FM does place it in the system TEMP folder in the  TPUBMP sub-folder (along with all of the other working files used in the conversions).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines