5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2007 1:16 PM by LolaLittle

Missing TOC, frameset - not generating correctly

LolaLittle
      I'm returning to Robohelp X5 after many years. I've inherited a project - it seems to have used WebHelpPro as the Primary Layout. I made a local copy of the entire folder and started to investigate how things are set up. I tried to generate to the WebHelpPro and WebHelp formats but the start page does not get created. So.... I created a whole new project. Can't remember - is a frameset necessary or does the Default skin take care of adding the TOC, header, etc? I tried with and without creating the frameset - still I only end up with the topics, .ALI, .CSS, H File, JScript, LNG, XML Document in the Output folder - the TOC is not in the output folder.

When I generate a CHM in the copy of the real project and in this new test projec I get the TOC - but I can't get it to appear for Web Help. I am not getting any errors during compilation. What am I doing wrong? Please help.

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Missing TOC, frameset - not generating correctly
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi LolaLittle

Please try to be a bit patient. We are all busy with assorted things. (Saw your other post pop in a minute or two ago)

After you generate your WebHelp, are you clicking the View Result and that is where you are seeing the TOC is missing? Or are you simply trying to display it manually?

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: Missing TOC, frameset - not generating correctly
            LolaLittle Level 1
            Hi Rick-
            Sorry - my window froze up for 5 minutes and so I tried again to post - ended up posting twice - eek.... very sorry.

When I try to click View Results - nothing happens. So, yep, I try to manually open it through the output folder but there is no file that will allow me to view the full framed interface - and the TOC isn't there.
            • 3. Re: Missing TOC, frameset - not generating correctly
              Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              Hi again and welcome to our community

Okay, so it would seem that you aren't able to properly publish WebHelp. From what you have described, I'm seriously wondering if you have managed to properly install RoboHelp with all the necessary permissions. I've seen some installations where RoboHelp was attempted to be installed without the necessary permissions and folks are unable to properly generate WebHelp.

Take a look at fellow Adobe Community Expert Peter Grainge's site. Click here to visit Peter's site

Cheers... Rick
              • 4. Re: Missing TOC, frameset - not generating correctly
                MergeThis Level 4
                The "file that will allow [you] to view the full framed interface" is the Start Page path that appears in the first field of the first window when you generate the WebHelp. The TOC, Index, and Search data is distributed throughout all the wh*data folders that also appear in your output.

Also, you generate to your local machine, and publish to the server.

By the way, you shouldn't find the LNG file in the output. Methinks someone might be mixing up source and output files. You might have to go back to the original source project and start again.

Good luck,
                Leon
                • 5. Re: Missing TOC, frameset - not generating correctly
                  LolaLittle Level 1
                  RoboHelp was installed on this computer before I joined the company. I don't have admin rights - can't even get the calendar and system time to pop up :) I'll persue this path - thank you.