4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2014 1:45 PM by brucebowman

Adobe Extract Question

DECOR8Rgirl Level 1

I see that you can pull CSS for individual items in Adobe Extract, but can you export all the CSS or some HTML? That way I don't have to try to start the process in Dreamweaver from scratch, building DIV tags and such? Is there another tool that could do this? I don't want my site to be full of tables.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Adobe Extract Question
          brucebowman Employee Moderator

Hi DECOR8Rgirl,

We don't try to generate all of the CSS for you, because we'd most likely not be able to do a good job. We'd be trying to reconcile duplicate rules, pick meaningful class and selector names, etc. We could do some potentially clever things, such as using layer names for classes, and layer groups to help us understand structure. But, it is very common to see PSDs that have poorly or default layer names and a lack of organization. So, rather than doing something poorly, we decided not to try and do this.

The good news is that since you're a Dreamweaver user, you're about to get something super cool that will help you out with this, making it a breeze. Keep your eyes open for this news - it is just a few days away.

brucebowman

• 2. Re: Adobe Extract Question
            DECOR8Rgirl Level 1

I'll be teaching a beginning Dreamweaver class on Tuesday. Would there be any updates before then? Can you recommend a good tutorial site to use? I'm planning on using the Adobe product page one, but didn't know if there were any other good ones.

Thanks!

• 3. Re: Adobe Extract Question
              sarhunt Adobe Employee

Hey DECOR8Rgirl,

We can't speak to exact dates, as Bruce said there's some really cool updates to Dreamweaver coming soon... stay tuned!

Cheers,
              Sarah

• 4. Re: Adobe Extract Question
                brucebowman Employee Moderator

Hi DECOR8Rgirl,

By now, hopefully you've seen the new announcements we made at MAX for Extract for Dreamweaver, and the other related Extract announcements.

I hope this is what you were looking for.

Enjoy,

brucebowman