2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2014 5:31 PM by relledesign

InDesign CC 2014 crashes on startup, can I get CC back?

relledesign

Hi,

I discovered on the last update of my CC that I also acquired the 2014 versions. I didn't realise that I was now running 2 versions of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. My mac is old, (that last of the 17" ones), but up until this update and additional installation of CC 2014, it was running fine. Now I cannot open an INDD file without the 'rainbow wheel of death' eventually occurring in a forced shutdown. I didn't realise I still also had my old CS5.5 Design Premium, so I proceeded to uninstall them, then the InDesign CC version as well, so I only had the most recent InDesign CC 2014 on my mac. I don't think this is a space issue, as there was at least 23GB still available with all 3 versions on my mac.

So now I have the following: Illustrator CC, Photoshop CC, and InDesign CC 2014. Now every time my InDesign CC 2014 loads up (takes forever) it freezes the mac, forcing a manual shutdown. I tried to download InDesign CC back last night but there's no link available in my CC menu.

I am running Mac OS Lion 10.7.5 - I can't upgrade my OS any further than that on the 17" model.

Processor 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Realising I have a 'vintage' model, I currently have a new one on order but until it comes I need to keep using my 17" in order to meet deadlines. Would really appreciate someone's help here.