3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2014 3:33 AM by Mylenium

Im having trouble

Elementsmedia

I cannot seem to import files into After effects CS6

Every file i try shows the error message as follows

After Effects warning Error with file C:Uses\admin\desktop\milner wedding?\ Test video\after effects test.mov

I seem to get this with every video I try to import.

I am using premiere elements 9 but just upgraded. I'm trying to re-edit a wedding video for someone and need to improve the image quality so i bought after effects but i cant seem to import any file no matter how i export it from Premiere.

Please help!!

• 1. Re: Im having trouble
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

We know nothing about your system nor do we know anything about the files. It stands top reason that they are in a format AE simply doesn't understand. And well, special characters like question marks have no place in user folders and can cause all sorts of trouble. Rename your folders appropriately.

Work File Safety | Mylenium's Error Code Database

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Im having trouble
            Elementsmedia Level 1

IM running windows 7 with the latest device pack update.

i Do not use use question marks in naming files im just saying that's the warning I get and I have no idea why

ive ttied importing files such as avi, MPEG, which according to the help section should all work but they dont.

• 3. Re: Im having trouble
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

I see. What is the source of the files? Which MPEG format exactly? also try to move your storage folder off the desktop. You could have a permissions issue there. Likewise, check your cache settings. I get the weird feeling that this actually has to do with some secondary files like some temp cache files or the extracted audio....

Mylenium