4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2007 6:34 AM by Newsgroup_User

SWF Caching Issue

blastbeat
      It seems often my FLEX apps get stuck in a mode where they just wont refresh. I've cleared both ff and i.e's history / cookie and temp files, rebooted and the page is still ringing up the old SWF. I've removed all content in the SWF, rebuilt and it's still the old one :( Any tips?
        • 1. Re: SWF Caching Issue
          FreeFallSF
          I"m having the exact same issue and I noticed two others over on the Flex Builder forum having the same thing happen. This is obviously either a bug, or we're just missing something stupid here. :-(
          • 2. Re: SWF Caching Issue
            Mohamed.Mansour
            Hmm, it doesn't make sence... Either you are not wiping your cache correctly , or your compiling the wrong flash application. Delete the BIN Folder and re do it.
            • 3. Re: SWF Caching Issue
              FreeFallSF Level 1
              I tried that, tried dumping every cache I could find, using the Clean feature, no dice. The problem isn't that it's compiling the wrong file, because I checked that, it's that it is not recompiling the SWF when I save or runt he application. And no error are showing up at compile time either.

The thing is, this isn't just one project, it was affecting all of my projects. That's what leads me to believe it is a bug in the application. Now I'm not discounting the fact that it may be my error somewhere that screwd up my config or something, but no one has been able to give anyone who has this issue a reasonable response as to what is causing this. So if we are doing something wrong, someone smarter than me please tell us what it is, becasue I can't find it.
              • 4. Re: SWF Caching Issue
                Level 7
                blastbeat wrote:
                > It seems often my FLEX apps get stuck in a mode where they just wont refresh.
                > I've cleared both ff and i.e's history / cookie and temp files, rebooted and
                > the page is still ringing up the old SWF. I've removed all content in the SWF,
                > rebuilt and it's still the old one :( Any tips?
                >

Your web browser is not necessarily the only place where caching occurs. For
                example, if you are using a web proxy, then the proxy could be caching your old
                version.

You may need to issue a caching directive from the server side. The header
                'Cache-Control: no-store' should be respected by both your browser and any web
                proxy you might be using. There are many ways of sending that header,
                depending upon what software you are using on the server side.

- Adam