2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2006 2:31 AM by Newsgroup_User

Shockwave Active X alert in IE

kelker
      I'm trying to use the AC_FL_RunContent code provided on the Adobe site to override the "Click this control to activate" prompt that displays with active X content in IE.

But, either nothing appears or it initiates a shockwave download.

I've used the code for Flash files and it works great. Anyone else used this for shockwave? Any ideas?
        • 1. Shockwave Active X alert in IE
          frashjiveturkey
          The way round this I use is to embed the object with a linked javascript.
          Put something like this in the html page where the object is meant to appear.
          <script src="objectembed.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
          <noscript>Please turn on Javascript in your browser preferences to view this content.</noscript>

And put the object tag into a document.write() in the external .js file, something like this.
          document.write(" <embed src='video/clip.mov' width='480' height='290'></embed>");

*this tag is for a QT movie, the shockwave one may well be different, but you get the picture.

Remember to have your document.write() all on one line (no returns). And to change the " to ' within the doc.write.

The javascript has to be a separate linked script for this to work.

I've not used this for shockwave stuff, but I have used it for flash, quicktime video and windows media video. It should work for any embedded object.

• 2. Re: Shockwave Active X alert in IE
            Level 7
            frashjiveturkey wrote:
            > The way round this I use is to embed the object with a linked
            > javascript.
            > Put something like this in the html page where the object is meant to
            > appear. <script src="objectembed.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
            > <noscript>Please turn on Javascript in your browser preferences to
            > view this content.</noscript>
            >
            > And put the object tag into a document.write() in the external .js
            > file, something like this.
            > document.write(" <embed src='video/Downtown_Bar.mov' width='480'
            > height='290'></embed>");
            >
            > Remember to have your document.write() all on one line (no returns).
            > And to change the " to ' within the doc.write.

FYI, in JavaScript, if you start a string with single quotes then you can
            use double quotes in the string:-

document.write('<embed src="video/Downtown_Bar.mov" width="480"
            height="290"></embed>');

Andrew