• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does installing Flash Drive fail every time on my MacBook Pro (OS X 10.5.8)?

Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For many months now, I have not been able to update my Flash Drive. I finally tried to uninstall it. I followed the uninstall guidelines on this site. I still cannot install Flash Drive. The same failed message report pops up that popped up when I would try to update Flash Drive. It says it has failed and asks if I'd like to "Relaunch" or "Report to Apple."

I have a MacBook Pro with an OS X 10.5.8 operating system, and it is up to date.

I

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 02, 2014 Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For an old version of the Mac OSX like 10.5.8 you will have to install Flash version 10.3. You can not use the latest version which the installer might be trying to instal as it sometimes does not recognise that the OS is not up to date.

I'm assuming you really do mean 10.5.8? Or do you mean 10.8.5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2014 Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi kelsey,

As Kaewngam indicates, Flash Player is no longer supported on OS X 10.5.8.  You can download 10.3 from the Archived Flash Player versions page, which was the last supported version for 10.5.8, however, most sites require a newer version of Flash Player to view content.  You may be able to upgrade to OS X 10.6 if your system qualifies. See here for system requirements, System requirements for OS X Lion and Mac OS X v10.6 The 10.6 CD should be available on the Apple store ($19.99) . You can Google 'upgrading OS X 10.5.8 to 10.6' and it'll return loads of information.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines