6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2014 11:39 AM by Warunicorn

Access to my files for layering on PS touch.

Momelah

How do I access files I've already created on PS touch once i've started a new project. I am trying to create a collage with several bits I've extracted and saved on PS touch. I want to add these bits in separate layers. However I can't access these files. Can only access camera roll, photostream and google.

I don't have a membership for the creative cloud. Is that the problem?

thanks

judee

• 1. Re: Access to my files for layering on PS touch.
          Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

Creative Cloud is optional.

PS Touch always saves its projects in the location where you started from. e.g., When you first start PS Touch, it goes to the project selection UI. By default, this UI contains the "tutorials" and "intro" links that guide you through getting familiar with PS Touch. The projects you created and saved should also be here. (You also have the option of creating your own folders for projects here.)

• 2. Re: Access to my files for layering on PS touch.
            Momelah Level 1

Thank you so much for getting back to me. Hope YOU will continue with me as it can get very confusing when the person I deal with (elsewhere) keeps changing.

Agreed. PS Touch saves my projects in location where I start. (Not sure what UI stands for). I can see all the projects and I know how to create albums. So that part is great.

Here's my problem. I started a project recently with an image already saved in PS Touch. Then I wanted to add a layer with another image already saved in PS T. When I tapped on the + sign in the bottom right-hand corner (where my new, additional layers are supposed to go) I was taken to a screen with only 3 layer options: photo, empty, duplicate. Tapping on photo does NOT take me back to my previously created work stored on PS T. It gives me choices of my camera roll, photo stream or Google plus some others that have NOTHING in them. So, this is where I am stumped.

I have looked at several video tutorials online but to no avail. They never show how to access images that we ourselves have created and that are already stored on PS T. Nor do your tutorials that are included with the app, at least the ones I've tried, and that's MOST if them.

Looking forward to your reply.  I am anxious to do collage work using parts of other of my images that I've removed (using scribble tool) and saved. But, alas, I just can't figure this out. Sooo sad. I was so sure that PS T would be perfect for doing this kind of work.

Judee

Sent from my iPad

• 3. Re: Access to my files for layering on PS touch.

UI is short for, "user interface."

PS Touch projects are self-contained within the app itself. If you want to add one element from one project into another, you'll have to export the project to Camera Roll (Gallery if on Android) beforehand. Even then, they'll be flattened since standard image file types like JPEG do not support layers let alone transparency.

Because of this, bring all the raw elements together in one project first before doing any editing. (e.g., Don't use the Scribble Selection Tool until you've got all the layers/images together.) You can import/insert up to 12 layers.

• 4. Re: Access to my files for layering on PS touch.
                Momelah Level 1

Thank you soooo much. Hope I understand.

So, I will have to experiment to see what exactly you mean by "raw elements".   I will try this first with elements already in ONE of my folders. These elements were all created in Sketch Club, saved as PNGs to my camera roll and then imported into PS Touch.

Does saving as PNGs have the same flattening / non-transparent effect as saving as JPEGs?  I was led to understand (from Sketch Club) that it was best to save my Sketch Club work to my camera roll as PNGs. So now I always save everything as PNGs.

At any rate this is an important piece of info I NEVER would have discovered on my own. 

Looking forward to trying this out.

Judee

• 5. Re: Access to my files for layering on PS touch.
                  Momelah Level 1

Thank you soooo much. Hope I understand.

So, I will have to experiment to see what exactly you mean by "raw elements".   I will try this first with elements already in ONE of my folders. These elements were all created in Sketch Club, saved as PNGs to my camera roll and then imported into PS Touch.

Does saving as PNGs have the same flattening / non-transparent effect as saving as JPEGs?  I was led to understand (from Sketch Club) that it was best to save my Sketch Club work to my camera roll as PNGs. So now I always save everything as PNGs.

At any rate this is an important piece of info I NEVER would have discovered on my own.

Looking forward to trying this out.

Judee

Sent from my iPad

• 6. Re: Access to my files for layering on PS touch.

I believe PNG transparency is supported in PS Touch but don't quote me on that; I haven't tried it myself.

What I mean by "raw elements" is to compile all the material you're going to use in your project before compositing. (You can actually do this like you've described too; your elements/assets don't have to be all in the same location as once they're imported into a PS Touch project, your original assets stay right where they are. PS Touch only makes a copy of them and integrates them into your project.)