1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 2, 2014 11:55 AM by A.T. Romano

how do I transfer Premier Elements 12 from my old computer to my new one ?

Stevengibson Level 1

I've just bought a new computer configured for photo editing as my old one was past it's sell by date. Do I have to repurchase Elements 12 or is their swapping it over

• 1. Re: how do I transfer Premier Elements 12 from my old computer to my new one ?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

stevengibson

To give a safe answer, best to know what was the old computer operating system, what is the new one, and did you purchase an online download to the old computer from Adobe or did you  install to the old computer via an installation disc from boxed packaging of the product.

The generalized answer is you deactivate Premiere Elements 12 on the old computer (Help Menu/Sign Out). It is up to you after that if you want to uninstall the deactivated program from the old computer. Deactivation is not the same as uninstall.

Then assuming no little technical complications of details, you install Premiere Elements 12 on the new computer using

a. Installation files that you saved to your computer or that you have download from "My Orders" at Adobe

or

b. Installation disc from boxed packaging.

Please fill in more details so we do not fall into any unexpected technicalities.

Thanks.

ATR