1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 2, 2014 2:36 PM by Willi Adelberger

Reader Plug-in not printing PDFs correctly after InDesign Install on Mac OS 10.9.5

spikedds

Installed InDesign trial yesterday. Ever since, no matter what browser I use, if I try to print PDFs from a browser, if the pages are in portrait mode, it will display them in portrait mode within the browser, but when I go to print them, the page appears in landscape and the bottom of each page does not print. It doesn't matter whether I select portrait or landscape mode. The page in the preview does not rotate. Some of the websites I use do not allow saving of a PDF, only viewing it in my browser window, so I can't save and use Preview to try to print it.

HELP!

SpikeDDS

• 1. Re: Reader Plug-in not printing PDFs correctly after InDesign Install on Mac OS 10.9.5
          Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

Are you using Adobe Reader or Apple Preview to print PDFs?

You should not use Apple Preview to do anything with PDFs as it is not a reliable PDF viewer. Use Adobe Acrobat or Reader for PDFs only.

Do you have installed any PDF plugins? On the Apple PDFs are shown without any plugins because their graphic engine Quartz is based on PDF, but it does not support completely every PDF standard, so it is better to use Adobe Acrobat or Reader. (But Apple Preview has been improved in the newest upgrades from Apples OS, so it is much better than before.)