1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 2, 2014 2:27 PM by A.T. Romano

Is Adobe Premiere Elements 13 more stable then version 12 ?

JohanPol1965 Level 1

Is version 13 of Adobe Premiere Elements more stable then version 12 or is it based on the same core code ?

I still have sometimes crashes with my 12 version, which now makes it that I click on save after every action. Not nice and sometimes I forget it, Adobe Crashes and I lost a lot of modifications.

• 1. Re: Is Adobe Premiere Elements 13 more stable then version 12 ?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

JohnaPol1965

What computer operating system are you using for your Premiere Elements version?

I would expect both 12 and 13 to be the same stability wise. I suspect that your answer will need to

come from the overall performance of the version in your specific computer environment.

I had no problems with version 12 on Windows XP 32 bit, Windows 7 64 bit, Windows 8 64 bit, or Windows 8.1 64 bit with regard to project to project or within a project stability. And, the project rarely if ever errored out on export, export to file saved to the computer hard drive or a burn to disc.

I am presently looking at the Premiere Elements 13 tryout on Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 8.1 64 bit, mostly on Windows 7 64 bit.

The first time I went to use burn to DVD or Blu-ray, the burn to errored out. A repeat of the burn process was successful. And that error has not repeated since. The stability of the Elements Organizer 13, like that of Elements Organizer 12, continues to be of concern. And, in my hands, it is not an overworked Elements Organizer at that.

Lots to troubleshoot for 12 if you are interested. Have you found the erroring to be consistent with one particular workflow activity? Do you use the AutoSave feature? Lots more questions.

ATR